DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Painful Video

That's a truly bogus criticism. A first time pilot pending a ton of money on a drone without knowing whether he would like it or not is a bad idea. This guy did it right ... he bought something that met his minimal requirements without busting his bank account if he later decided he didn't want to pursue the hobby.
Thanks!

One of the things I want to do is provide opportunities for people to fly a drone under my supervision and instruction, and see if they like it. If they do, then I can either give them advice on what to buy, or sell them one of mine, and get a new one.

Sort of a "Johnny DroneSeed" kind of thing...

;-)

TCS

Hi im verry curious tosee this movie, but it seems to be download version..... so i cant play this one....would you be so kind to put it on vimeo or youtube....thanks in advance .....

Reactions: BroomRider
Hi im verry curious tosee this movie, but it seems to be download version..... so i cant play this one....would you be so kind to put it on vimeo or youtube....thanks in advance .....
I'm not sure I follow...

I'm not yet set up to put videos on Youtube or Vimeo. I signed up for Amazon space, but I haven't tried it yet.

I'm curious...what happens when you click the link?

Thx,

TCS

I'm not sure I follow...

I'm not yet set up to put videos on Youtube or Vimeo. I signed up for Amazon space, but I haven't tried it yet.

I'm curious...what happens when you click the link?

Thx,

TCS
It does not do anything (on My Samsung tablet)
If i click, on the link i land on a page iwth a 'play' icon. if i click on ths icon i land in a window like a playable videoscreen. But nothing happens . it seems to be a huge file wich in my position can only be downlowded.
Thanks for trying.......

It does not do anything (on My Samsung tablet)
If i click, on the link i land on a page iwth a 'play' icon. if i click on ths icon i land in a window like a playable videoscreen. But nothing happens . it seems to be a huge file wich in my position can only be downlowded.
Thanks for trying.......
Ah, OK, that would explain why I haven't seen this effect. I generally only watch links on my PC.

It's odd that it wouldn't work on the tablet, though. I have a Samsung tablet, so I'll check it out to see if I get the same result.

Thx,

TCS

Well this is what happens when you have a beautiful evening sky and rush launching your Mavic and thinking as you fly how much darker it seems! I reset a number of settings on the camera to try and capture this magnificent setting sun but to no avail. I landed my drone and picking it up I noticed the filter still on the camera, a filter for the brightest of Oklahoma days.. look up at the now disappeared canvas of evening colors and came to the realization of how stupid I can be!!

Attachments

• DJI_0013 (1).JPG
    DJI_0013 (1).JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 2
I was inspired to start droning by the drone we have on Mars, Ingenuity. My first drone was a Snaptain S5C, that I flew for the first time on 30Apr21. It was tossed down the canyon by the Demon Wind on 28May21. RIP, Ingy.

I've put together a clip with all the interesting clips from the Ingy period, using a generous definition of interesting. It's just a little over 8 minutes long. I mercifully deleted the hours of endlessly repetitive footage of me pointing in the same direction, just trying to keep it stable in the wind. Looking at it now, I'm almost surprised I stuck with it.

The jerkiness and marginal video is likely to be painful to anyone who's always flown DJI drones...but if you like drone crash videos, from the drone's point of view, you might find it slightly entertaining.

:)

TCS
I maniged to dowload this mooie to my computer, now im glad to have a dji bird....

Well this is what happens when you have a beautiful evening sky and rush launching your Mavic and thinking as you fly how much darker it seems! I reset a number of settings on the camera to try and capture this magnificent setting sun but to no avail. I landed my drone and picking it up I noticed the filter still on the camera, a filter for the brightest of Oklahoma days.. look up at the now disappeared canvas of evening colors and came to the realization of how stupid I can be!!
Bummer.

I've had a number of great video flights, only to discover that I had forgotten to turn the recording on. Sometimes I could salvage something from the cache on the phone, but at reduced quality.

TCS

Reactions: New England Droning
I got my mini 2 a year ago and today is my anniversary of my first flight. I find watching your video that I made the right decision based on stability alone. I find in comparison that the mini2 is rock solid. and in comparison that you crashed this drone more times in 8 minutes than I have in the past year... actually 3-4 times more than I have... :) It looks like this was your drone appreciation drone (it will make you really appreciate the mini2)

Attachments

• Rainbow over Lynn Massachusetts.jpg
    Rainbow over Lynn Massachusetts.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: dan.utinske
Bummer.

I've had a number of great video flights, only to discover that I had forgotten to turn the recording on. Sometimes I could salvage something from the cache on the phone, but at reduced quality.

TCS
don't worry that will only happen when it really matters... been there, got the t-shirt...

Glad you liked it!

Some people don't like to reveal their early clumsiness, but I've been clumsy all my life, so it's just become natural at this point!

Part of my (slowly evolving) theory of what I want to do with my "learning" videos is to show people that even if it's awkward at first, you can get much better if you just stick with it, and push through the early clumsiness.

Now that we're talking about it, I think I need to get a bit more adventurous with my flying. I haven't crashed a drone in *months*!

;-)

TCS
I would also say, you intention should to NOT crash the drone. A toy that they may seem that is still $400-$700 of "toy" that you are flying around...

I got my mini 2 a year ago and today is my anniversary of my first flight. I find watching your video that I made the right decision based on stability alone. I find in comparison that the mini2 is rock solid. and in comparison that you crashed this drone more times in 8 minutes than I have in the past year... actually 3-4 times more than I have... :) It looks like this was your drone appreciation drone (it will make you really appreciate the mini2)
Oh, I definitely appreciate my Mini-2s!

The Snaptain S5C was intended as a low end trainer that I could bang around with and not worry about it, and it served that function admirably!

I didn't even include all the crashes in the "Best of" video. It was far too common an occurrence. I celebrated the first time that I landed it because the battery was drained, rather than...well, you know!

;-)

TCS

When you see something like the photo you posted, what's your launch time. How long does it take to get in the air from getting the drone to take-off? I have Mini 1 and Mini 2 but my go to for photography has been the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada