DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pairing replacement

darkenmage

Reactions
Is there a thread already on how to pair the fly app with the drone replacement? I assume the reason it is not pairing is the app has my other drone attach to it. Yes, I have followed the manual on pairing to no avail.

With the Mavic Mini (MM), which is not your drone, and with the Phantom3's and Mavic 2's you can link the controller to the drone without having the phone connected at all. Of course you can also use the app but most of the time if I want to swap a controller I don't use the app route.

In the sense that you mean it, there is no 'link' between the app and the controller.

With the MM you switch both the controller and drone on and once they have booted press and hold their on/off buttons for several seconds, maybe up to 10, this triggers linking.

I can't find mention of this in the Mini 2 manual but it might be worth a trying this method. The press and hold thing is what you have to do to the drone anyway so it isn't a great stretch of the imagination to see it applying to the controller as well.
Just incase you are wondering it is different with the Phantom and Mavic 2 but they have more buttons available on the controller and a dedicated link button on the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Mavic Mini (MM), which is not your drone, and with the Phantom3's and Mavic 2's you can link the controller to the drone without having the phone connected at all. Of course you can also use the app but most of the time if I want to swap a controller I don't use the app route.

In sense that you mean it there is no 'link' between the app and the controller.

With the MM you switch both the controller and drone on and once they have booted press and hold their on/off buttons for several seconds, maybe up to 10, this triggers linking.

I can't find mention of this in the Mini 2 manual but it might be worth a trying this method. The press and hold thing is what you have to do to the drone anyway so it isn't a great stretch of the imagination to see it applying to the controller as well.
Just incase you are wondering it is different with the Phantom and Mavic 2 but they have more buttons available on the controller and a dedicated link button on the drone.
TY. My bad duh, yes holding down the power button on the drone while the fly app is in pairing mode or before you hit “Pair” on the fly app did the trick.

In the sense that you mean it, there is no 'link' between the app and the controller.

Super glad i found and joined this group! I just got my replacement MM today and couldn’t get it to pair using the app. Following your directions above got it to work first try! Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121