DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano digital storage

Leo-1

Reactions
Finally found the Pano options today, thanks to all of you! A related question; It takes the Tiny Planet beautifully, stitches it seamlessly, and displays on my iPad. However, it wrote a horizontal pano to the SD card. Now I can't find the stitched pano on internal storage. What step did I miss to save the completed, stitched image?

Finally found the Pano options today, thanks to all of you! A related question; It takes the Tiny Planet beautifully, stitches it seamlessly, and displays on my iPad. However, it wrote a horizontal pano to the SD card. Now I can't find the stitched pano on internal storage. What step did I miss to save the completed, stitched image?

The pano sent to the SD card should be just a collection of pictures. Mine takes 26 photos for a 360 pano for instance. Then you have to process them with something like ICE. The pano from the RC can usually be found by pushing the arrow at the bottom right of the go4 app on the ipad. From there you can download it to the ipad and it should put it into something like camera roll or wherever your pictures are stored. The 360 panos always show a small blue earth symbol on the file. I'm not sure about the other types. If you have taken a lot of pictures or video since creating the pano on the RC, it could be gone according to what you have set for the memory for the RC.

Reactions: Leo-1
From what I can tell, there is NO compiled Tiny Planet version saved. (I have occasionally taken a screenshot). It will compile it to initially show it to you as a Tiny Planet (spherical image). But it saves as that flat, generally distorted pan image. As suggested, you either need to use a 3rd party app to recreate the Tiny Planet or you can post it to some web site where it takes the flat/distorted image and presents it properly.

For instance here's my Seaside, Or 360 on Kuula (free):

If you look at that webpage, in the upper right are some icons. You can change the display from Tiny Planet to a scrolling 360 image and pan up/down and left/right.

Reactions: Leo-1
Thanks, ff22 and dwolfe002! You are right. DJI doesn't store the stitched image. So now I load to iPhone, then input to THETA+. Puts it right back together, and saves to Photos (or anywhere else). Plus other stuff like filters. Now I'm going to try your suggestion for Kuula! Thanks a million!

Reactions: dwolfe002 and ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1