DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Above the Fog

Yaros

Reactions
Today here in Mallorca there is extreme fog and humidity, so I got my drone and flew! Far from perfect conditions, but the clouds are low, LED strobes help a ton with VLOS.
Here is a panorama I took!

Nice. :)

I recently flew around and above foggy conditions in my area with perfect VLOS with the strobes.

Thanks for sharing your flight above the "clouds".

Reactions: Yaros
Today here in Mallorca there is extreme fog and humidity, so I got my drone and flew! Far from perfect conditions, but the clouds are low, LED strobes help a ton with VLOS.
Here is a panorama I took!

Absolutely love it! I’d like to see a key framed video rendition of it.

wow!
how high did you have to go to get above the fog??
About 150 meters (500 feet) high to get above it. I know it's a little over the limit, but it was worth it. I am very far away from airports in a small island, so I don't need to worry about any low flying aircrafts, all of them fly above 2000 meters.

The fog is sitting at about 80 meters high 200 ft, but to get a beautiful panorama I need to go higher ;)

Absolutely love it! I’d like to see a key framed video rendition of it.
What is a key framed video rendition?
Do you mean use a plugin like GoPro Reframe to rotate it around in a video timeline?

What is a key framed video rendition?
Do you mean use a plugin like GoPro Reframe to rotate it around in a video timeline?
Yes. I use Final Cut Pro X to generate my pano-videos. I like doing it as an alternate way of presentation and creating drama or telling a story.
I really like your pano and I could just imagine what could be done with it further.
The other thing I have tried is a “time-lapse” pano. Imagine a pano like yours shot repeatedly over a given time interval.
Here’s an example…

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder