DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pardon My Rant

BDMavic505

Reactions
About two years ago I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2. Since then I upgraded my smart phone to the latest with 12.0 Android. I have a small business rendered almost useless trying to use the DJI go Fly and Drone Deploy. Nothing works with the latest apk's nor do I have an option to use the expensive Smart Controller. After a major investment in this product I am a part 107 limited to a hobbyist with the restrictions DJI and Android users are facing. I have tried about 6 solutions but if someone has an answer to the S21 FE 5G android please help me get my handcuffs off

Have you downloaded the apps directly from DJI? I have a Mavic 2 and Go 4 i0s running on my Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra running Android 13.

Reactions: Torque
Well why not get a cheap second hand phone etc. that is to be used solely as a screen device for your drones? My PHONE is too old to run the FLY app, my solution a second hand Samsung S6 ( 1/10th the cost of my PHONE ) and "away we go".

Yes, several as a matter of fact, nothing works on my Android 12. Thanks for the tip though. Even though the APK says it supports Mavic Pro 2 it locked up on the initial screen each time.
Have you tried completely uninstalling the DJI apps and then installing from DJI? Just to make sure that all of the data from the previous versions had been removed. I never used the S21, but I have used GO 4 with the Note 20 Ultra and with the S22 Ultra. When I had the version from the App Store, the app would lock up on the initial screen with the 20 and the 22.

Yes, several as a matter of fact, nothing works on my Android 12. Thanks for the tip though. Even though the APK says it supports Mavic Pro 2 it locked up on the initial screen each time.
What do you mean you have download ed several? You need DJI GO4 version 4.3.54 downloaded from DJI here:
Uninstall all the apps you have installed and install this one.

Reactions: anotherlab
About two years ago I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2. Since then I upgraded my smart phone to the latest with 12.0 Android. I have a small business rendered almost useless trying to use the DJI go Fly and Drone Deploy. Nothing works with the latest apk's nor do I have an option to use the expensive Smart Controller. After a major investment in this product I am a part 107 limited to a hobbyist with the restrictions DJI and Android users are facing. I have tried about 6 solutions but if someone has an answer to the S21 FE 5G android please help me get my handcuffs off
I know I will get a lot of flack from this....did you consider going with the iPhone? It is what I used for the Mavic 2 Pro before I sold it- no problems whatsoever. I have the Mini 2 and it also works fine with my iPhone 14 pro max.

The Mavic 2 Pro needs GO4 app.

Reactions: Torque
I dumped android phones 15 years ago and never looked back. Got tired of having to replace my phone every 4-6 months because they would stop working. As for this issue. Do as waynorth suggested or dump the droid and get either an iPhone or a cheap iPad mini. You'll be much happier in the long run. If you are doing this as a business, it's a write-off anyway.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
I had to download the apk apps directly to use on my S21 works fine.

When I upgrade my phones I keep the old ones. Before buying the Smart Controller, I used the S-20 Ultra with no problems. Use you new phone for a phone and use and old phone for your controller. Two bonuses, you don't get calls/interruptions while flying, and your old phone is dedicated for flying so it's not loaded with bloatware and other none related apps/programs.

I have an Android phone, too, but when I got my first drone I borrowed an unused iPad from a friend because the screen was bigger. Adapters for mounting an iPad are cheap and easy to setup.

I subsequently bought a later version iPad with more memory for around $120 on Amazon. They This was beneficial when I discovered that turning on audio on the Go4 app allowed me to record telemetry and other information as I flew. The SD recordings are silent, of course, but don‘t suffer the transmission-to-remote controller interference.

That gives me two recordings to work with, one for information and one for quality.

I suppose the iPad has more storage and may be easier to access, and I don’t have to worry about an incoming call interfering while I’m flying, too.

Lastly, the videos on my P.C lack the quality of those on Apple products. There are also some very good editing apps available, although the version of the Apple device is important.

You can easily solve your problem and add a lot of benefits to your flying.

-Kuiper Denizen

Have you tried completely uninstalling the DJI apps and then installing from DJI? Just to make sure that all of the data from the previous versions had been removed. I never used the S21, but I have used GO 4 with the Note 20 Ultra and with the S22 Ultra. When I had the version from the App Store, the app would lock up on the initial screen with the 20 and the 22.
The one thing I hadn't tried was using an older APK that didn't even name my phone. I downloaded it and it hooked up to both the Mavics but I haven't flight tested them but am anticipating that today. Once I flight test them, I will update my post and recommend DJI include my model Samsung. Took me 2 days to resolve on my own and I lost a job to fly over a property for a customer. Bummer , but if this is the fix DJI needs to post it.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
I downloaded it
The drones you mention "the Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2." use different control Apps, Go4 and FLY, neither App will work with the wrong controller.
Go4 regards itself as "Disconnected" when connected to a Mini 2 controller. The FLY app reports "Device not supported" when connected to a M2P controller.
If you want a 'universal' control app look at something like Litchi but FIRST check whether it is
a) compatible with your phone's operating system and
b) any drone you propose to use it with, Litchi is compatible with the M2P and Mini 2.

Last edited:
The drones you mention "the Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2." use different control Apps, Go4 and FLY, neither App will work with the wrong controller.
Go4 regards itself as "Disconnected" when connected to a Mini 2 controller. The FLY app reports "Device not supported" when connected to a M2P controller.
If you want a 'universal' control app look at something like Litchi but FIRST check whether it is
a) compatible with your phone's operating system and
b) any drone you propose to use it with, Litchi is compatible with the M2P and Mini 2.
I am simply trying to get my S21 FE to work with DJI Go 4 so it can then be linked to Drone Deploy which is what one if my Customer requirements was. I was able to link using an older version that did not say it was compatible to my phone. However, I am still not able to get the DJI to talk to the Drone Deploy to transfer pics or files for mapping. At the very least I am now able to use the stock controllers with each drone but I would prefer to use the expensive smart controller that doesn't work with Drone Deploy.

To check my understanding, you had two problems.
1) Neither Go4 nor FLY would instal or perhaps work on your new phone but now, using older versions of the relevant control apps, that has been solved, is that correct?
2) The Smart controller can satisfactorily run the necessary Apps, Go4 and FLY, but will not communicate with Drone Depoly, is that correct?

I dumped android phones 15 years ago and never looked back. Got tired of having to replace my phone every 4-6 months because they would stop working. As for this issue. Do as waynorth suggested or dump the droid and get either an iPhone or a cheap iPad mini. You'll be much happier in the long run. If you are doing this as a business, it's a write-off anyway.
OR juist use Litchi which you can fly more precisely with VR, although I have no problems with DJI's Go or fly app.
Im using a Samsung S10 plus which is thin and fits well in VR goggles which are Samsung oculus .
There are various things you can do with Android which you cant with IOS. I normally use an iPhone 12 Pro Max for day to day but its too fat fro VR goggles

To check my understanding, you had two problems.
1) Neither Go4 nor FLY would instal or perhaps work on your new phone but now, using older versions of the relevant control apps, that has been solved, is that correct?
2) The Smart controller can satisfactorily run the necessary Apps, Go4 and FLY, but will not communicate with Drone Depoly, is that correct?
Correct on both counts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman