DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parrot Bepob 2 better than the Spark

PaoloOne

Reactions
Honestly,
the Mavic is a superior product than the Spark, if anybody who owns a Mavic buys a Spark is mostly for fun.
At the Spark price range the current parrot deals are far better!
For $649 you get a full FPV solution with Goggles and everything you need for fun, some of the Bepob 2 features are comparable and equivalent to the Mavic ones.
fsd_bundle_bb2_xtreme_adventurer_product_display_722x450px_3.png
Somebody will say that I am an heretic of the DJI religion but really the Bepob 2 option is worse being considered before buying the Spark!

Yes, Parrot had dropped it's prices a day after the Spark was released. With that said, they are also leaving the consumer drone market. Also, having owned a Parrot and now a Spark; I can say for the price that the BeeBop is selling for BUY IT! $570 gets you the entire package w/Parrot.

Parrot Responds to DJI Spark with Big Discounts on Consumer Drones

Reactions: nomad33fw
Yes, Parrot had dropped it's prices a day after the Spark was released. With that said, they are also leaving the consumer drone market. Also, having owned a Parrot and now a Spark; I can say for the price that the BeeBop is selling for BUY IT! $570 gets you the entire package w/Parrot.

Parrot Responds to DJI Spark with Big Discounts on Consumer Drones
Indeeed, my brother did this video with the Bepob 2, he is not event that good in post-editing but really the result is not making you missing the Spark!

Not saying that 1 is better than the other, but the Spark Fly Less is $499 and all you get is a pair of props and battery. They both use similar WIFI technology and the package gives you all the extras.

Not saying that 1 is better than the other, but the Spark Fly Less is $499 and all you get is a pair of props and battery. They both use similar WIFI technology and the package gives you all the extras.
Yes, and if you compare it to what you should spend on DJI is 699$ plus of 449$ for the Goggles, that is 1,148$ against 649$ for getting the same features!
Honestly, who buys a Spark for doing FPV and selfies either doesn't care to his wallet or likes to be ripped off because the difference 499$ is HUGE!

Reactions: Rbruz
Yes, and if you compare it to what you should spend on DJI is 699$ plus of 449$ for the Goggles, that is 1,148$ against 649$ for getting the same features!
Honestly, who buys a Spark for doing FPV and selfies either doesn't care to his wallet or likes to be ripped off because the difference 499$ is HUGE!
Easy now...I bought 2 of them o_O

Reactions: Alexpode
Oops...forgot pic

Attachments

• IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    561.8 KB · Views: 145
I can't say if Bebop 2 is better or worse than Spark, since I haven't flown either, but I definitely went with a Spark, actually bought 2 Sparks since I'm a DJI Fanboy lol

I can't say if Bebop 2 is better or worse than Spark, since I haven't flown either, but I definitely went with a Spark, actually bought 2 Sparks since I'm a DJI Fanboy lol
I'm still waiting for my Goggles, but my next step is get a racer below 250g and use it with the goggles too. IMHO a mini-racer is what people would have loved to see from the Spark. The Spark is too expensive and too delicate to get real fun.
I think that everyone would have loved to see a Spark below 250g that does flips and which you can smash it into a tree without having to deal with the DJI assistance, just buy the spare parts and fix it by yourself.

Reactions: Mavman
Not the "same features" at all, with the Bebop you get a freakin phone VR headset, which is a pile of garbage compared to the DJI goggles. So if you want a fair comparison you count the spark, controller and a $50 phone headset, not the goggles.
The image stability of the bebop is also nothing compared to the spark footage.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
The BeeBop doesn't have a gimbal right? Isn't is a fixed camera?

It's a fixed fisheye camera that does dynamic software reshaping/reframing to do "gimbal-like" behavior, but it's of course not at all as good.

It's a fixed fisheye camera that does dynamic software reshaping/reframing to do "gimbal-like" behavior, but it's of course not at all as good.
Even the Spark does not have a 3 axis gimbal and 4K, they are both personal drones that do a decent work for what is their purpose.
If you care really about image quality you should stay or go on the Mavic.

Even the Spark does not have a 3 axis gimbal and 4K
No but its footage is about as stable as the Mavic's even without the 3rd axis. If you don't need the 4K you're not losing much compared to the Mavic in terms of image quality with the Spark, 1080p30 from both is pretty much identical.

Most importantly there are no awful deformations from imprecise geometry correction like on the bebop, I personally can't watch that without cringing.

No but its footage is about as stable as the Mavic's even without the 3rd axis. If you don't need the 4K you're not losing much compared to the Mavic in terms of image quality with the Spark, 1080p30 from both is pretty much identical.

Most importantly there are no awful deformations from imprecise geometry correction like on the bebop, I personally can't watch that without cringing.
I don't see all this distortion, if we talk about a Go Pro, yes.
I am not trying to convince anyone here, my point is that Parrot is offering a deal that for many people could be gold, especially if they want FPV.
FPV is pointless on the Spark if you don't have already the Goggles for other reasons.
If you want FPV either you go cheap on the Bebop 2 or you go straight for the Mavic!

As said you can get nearly as cheap for FPV on the Spark with a $50 VR enclosure but with better image quality. You don't need the DJI goggles.

The stabilization on the bebop causes uneven proportions at times while it tries to keep the image straight. Hard to explain but very obvious for some people, it will for example stretch a corner out for a fraction of a second before bringing it back in place and it's awful. Bit like what Youtube stabilization does.

The way I look at the "basic" $499 Spark is that it is semi-perfected BeBop or AR Drone. All my Parrot products acted up (flew away, crashed, didn't respond properly) - while the Spark - which I have been flying for about 2+ weeks, does actually work well with my mobile device. It has forward obstacle avoidance and a bottom camera capable of doing certain measurements up to 98 feet. It is smaller and lighter and the video/photo quality is better. Also, DJI will add many features and improvements quickly through software.

The BeBop 2 is OK - the battery life is the main advantage over Spark. But take the whole package and it's unlikely a BeBop will ever grace my collection. 3 Strikes (bad Parrots) and I am out unless they send me one for free (to review).

I have a Spark Demo Video Roll here - doing another one tonight as my final flights (pre-release model I've had for weeks).

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya