DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Question

You are right they don’t say part 107 or recreational on them. I never noticed that.
This is true, however, I just registered under 107 and it looks physically different than the recreational one. Also, to the immediate right side of the recreational one, it refers specifically to recreational flying whereas the 107 doesn’t. See comparison photo below. The one on the right is the recreational one and the one one on the left is the 107 one. Again, I thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Have a good day all!

Attachments

• 23A83211-E11B-4BCB-8ACD-A1C8011F1EB5.jpeg
    23A83211-E11B-4BCB-8ACD-A1C8011F1EB5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: BigAl07
I slept very well indeed but only because I knew I had corrected some blatantly incorrect information being given out as seemingly knowledgeable information.

It's my pleasure :)
Hilarious.

Well I'll tell you that I've never seen the top certificate. All mine look like the lower one.
Maybe I somehow managed to register mine as a 107 even though I was recreational, for the first one. I don't know. If so I apologize for the confusion.

Luck me I guess. Saved $5.

FWIW, the newer 107 reg's add UAS before the Manufacturer and Model.
When you initially register you if you think you are going to fly Part 107 you can register it that way and be done with it. If you do then you'll get the second card. That's why you've never seen the top card because you registered for both from the beginning even if you didn't realize it.

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
When you initially register you if you think you are going to fly Part 107 you can register it that way and be done with it. If you do then you'll get the second card. That's why you've never seen the top card because you registered for both from the beginning even if you didn't realize it.
Agreed.

Reactions: masterangler
First off WELCOME to the forum :)

You are spot on. @RUFFSTUFF mistakenly registered under Part 107 and then tried to give advice incorrectly based upon said mistake. Fortunately it was a good learning experience for many and we call that a WIN!!

The OP got his answer and is happy with the outcome and some valuable discussion came from this thread. Also a WIN!!

Reactions: Dbez1 and RUFFSTUFF
First off WELCOME to the forum :)

You are spot on. @RUFFSTUFF mistakenly registered under Part 107 and then tried to give advice incorrectly based upon said mistake. Fortunately it was a good learning experience for many and we call that a WIN!!

The OP got his answer and is happy with the outcome and some valuable discussion came from this thread. Also a WIN!!
Sure did and if it wasn't for Big Al's timely intervention, the losses would have been insurmountable, the horrors inexplicable, and the coffee pots empty.

Now the new advice is don't register recreational, just do 107 so you don't have to do it twice...! Whoop, problem solved!

I have no issue being wrong on an internet forum, especially when it saves me a whopping $5. Everyone should be so lucky. At the end of the day, all my stuff is good, so season's greeting everyone.

I have one relevant observation that might help others. I have had numerous drones replaced via Care Refresh and I've had to register and pay for each one even though it was a "replacement". I confirmed with the FAA drone hotline folks that this was required, i.e., there's no way to transfer a Part 107 registration from one drone to another. Also, I always deactivate the original drone's registration just in case that serial number comes into play again, i.e., if DJI refurbishes the drone and gives it to someone else. Can't hurt since the registration will never be used again by me anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS