DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed my Part 107 yesterday

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
So, at 74 years old I got the urge to get my sUAS Pilot Certificate. It’s been over 50 years since I’ve taken any kind of test and I had no idea how well I would do. I took Greg’s course from Pilot Institute and passed with a 97%. The test was difficult but, thanks to Gregg, I was well prepared. I feel like I am a much safer and more confident pilot now. I encourage this step, even for purely recreational pilots.

congrats

Reactions: MA2 317
Congratulations Dbez1 👍

So, at 74 years old I got the urge to get my sUAS Pilot Certificate. It’s been over 50 years since I’ve taken any kind of test and I had no idea how well I would do. I took Greg’s course from Pilot Institute and passed with a 97%. The test was difficult but, thanks to Gregg, I was well prepared. I feel like I am a much safer and more confident pilot now. I encourage this step, even for purely recreational pilots.
Well done, from South Wales UK, cheers Len

CONGRATULATIONS!! It is a huge accomplishment!! You are yet another, ever growing, Pilot Institute fan. As a long-time certified flight instructor I always say that Greg is top notch! Pilot Institute offers several free courses too. Again, great job and amazing score.

Congratulations!

I'm 83- love recreational flying and making videos. Do I really need another thing to study and take an exam?

Congratulations! And a 97%...WOW!!

Congratulations! I‘m planning to get my 107 also.

Congratulations!

I'm 83- love recreational flying and making videos. Do I really need another thing to study and take an exam?
It depends. Just keep in mind that any flight that is not strictly for your own enjoyment falls under the rules of Part 107 and technically requires a Part 107 certificate. For example, if your neighbor wanted you to use your drone to help her find her lost dog, technically that’s a Part 107 flight. If you suspect that there is something on your roof, and you want to use your drone to inspect it, technically that is a Part 107 flight. The list goes on and on.

I got mine for two reasons: the first and main reason was for a few odd jobs that I wanted to do with it, but I also just like having the peace of mind of knowing that I am in compliance every time I fly no matter what the reason for the fight is.

But, like with most things, you just have to decide what the best option for you is. I learned a lot of very helpful information while studying for the Part 107 exam (more props to @pilotinstitute), and I would have wanted to know all of it even if I didn’t actually need a certificate. There’s no doubt in my mind that it has made me a better pilot.

Congratulations!

Congratulations. I took the Australian version. Its a great feeling. My wife bought me a large gold and silver "Winged" cap badge with "Licenced RPA Pilot" on it. I take every opportunity to show it of😂.

Joking aside, I also felt much more confident and safer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbez1 and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25