DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed the 107 today. My report

usaken

Reactions
Passed the part 107 today in Concord CA. Close to half or more of the questions had to do With chart reading. Certainly the major part. About 4 questions about the encoded old teletype weather reports. About 3 on Alcohol use. The rest a mixed bag. If you wear glasses, better take a magnifying glass. Those reduced size charts are very hard to read if your close up vision is not perfect. Good luck

Congrats.??

Passed the part 107 today in Concord CA. Close to half or more of the questions had to do With chart reading. Certainly the major part. About 4 questions about the encoded old teletype weather reports. About 3 on Alcohol use. The rest a mixed bag. If you wear glasses, better take a magnifying glass. Those reduced size charts are very hard to read if your close up vision is not perfect. Good luck
Congratulations

It would be interesting to hear what you thought was a value in the course.
That is what did you learn that you can use.

I agree. I recently passed and forgot to take a magnifying glass. I panicked at first when reading charts. Fortunately, the testing place had small lamps near each test area and they really helped when reading the charts.

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
Congrats! It is an accomplishment and certainly gives one a sense of being integrated into National Airspace. Even if you don't use the 107 to earn money, it is worth it just to get a working familiarity with the rules, chart reading and best practices.

Reactions: chuckm
Congratulations; hopefully I will be joining this club in a few weeks.

Curious; did you study on your own or take a course?

Congrats. Hope you actually use it because it seems to me lots of folks get it for ego boosting, not necessarily to work professionally.

Congratulations

Congrats! I passed my test last week. I thought it was a hard test but still managed to get a 90%

Thanks for all the replies. Strange that I took the 107 in the same building where I passed the private pilot school 40 years ago. As to value, good refresher on chart reading and airspace. Also good to have a good working understanding of drone rules and operating procedures. From a practical view, I find the encoded weather reports a useless exercise. An airline pilot told me they only use them if nothing else is available. Alcohol? Sure we should never operate any potentially dangerous machine under the influence. Drone pilots need to be able to read charts. The test goes way too deep into it. There were a few what I would call trick questions. Be sure you read the question very carefully! Good experience all together. I used the King School videos and found them useful, but honestly did not finish the course. Prior experience as a private Pilot was most useful. Im 72 so doubt I will be doing much droning for hire. For me it was more professional pride. If you already have an airman certificate, you might as well add this one.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Well done! Thanks for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi