DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Personal information leak leading to advert calls for drone insurance!

AMann

Reactions
Has anyone received multiple advertisement phone calls from a insurance sales person selling drone insurance? I’m on the federal do not call list, and really do hope nobody is selling our contact info because the only other people who know I own a drone are a few vendors I had business with here, a very well-known camera sales place in New York, the FAA and a professional 107 pilot gig website that is not supposed to pass out phone numbers.

Another possible source, and people should be aware of this, it could be most probable that there is a fake customer headhunter on it posting fake jobs and is trying to get people to submit bids just to get their contact info... Well, that would be just dandy!

So really, be careful what you send out to other people, it may end up being innocuous or something you dread later on.

Last edited:
None here.

These types of calls are usually generated by your Internet search traffic. If you have searched for "drone insurance" and made any inquiries, is most likely the reason you're getting calls.

Reactions: WAXMAN and BigAl07
Yes, I've had ~6 in the past year. Also, ~4 mailed offers.

None here.

These types of calls are usually generated by your Internet search traffic. If you have searched for "drone insurance" and made any inquiries, is most likely the reason you're getting calls.

Internet searches do not pass along cellphone numbers, salespeople have been calling my personal cellphone that is registered on do not call. At least it’s real people and not a robocall. They are polite and all, but obviously don’t listen to my voice message announcement telling solicitors to take me off their calling list, a couple times now...

Yes, I've had ~6 in the past year. Also, ~4 mailed offers.

Huh, any idea how they got you? I do know a ham radio license is published on the FCC website along with contact information, so advertisers can easily find me that way but as far as I know, the FCC has not published a drone license holder database yet. But maybe I am wrong.

Does anybody know this?

Internet searches do not pass along cellphone numbers, salespeople have been calling my personal cellphone that is registered on do not call. At least it’s real people and not a robocall. They are polite and all, but obviously don’t listen to my voice message announcement telling solicitors to take me off their calling list, a couple times now...

That is why I added ":and made any inquiries, is most likely the reason you're getting calls "

That is why I added ":and made any inquiries, is most likely the reason you're getting calls "

I understand, but have not made inquiries that include my unlisted number, it’s obviously a contact with a vendor or a fictional job I submitted a bid for. I just wish they wouldn’t do that when they say they don’t share their information with other people. I just hope it was from that job bid and not from and vendors I worked with here or the others. Maybe it was the FAA raising new funds! :p

Its not such a big deal though, its not as bad as the bill collectors that were calling for someone else on my new phone number when I first got it, but I got a lawyer to work freelance and he stopped all of them and collected $2500 for both of us out of it as well :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31