DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom 3 Waypoint Mission!!?

Phantom3Waypoints

Reactions
received_1164363217999551.jpeg
Why do I get this error on a phantom 3 standard?

For a 500 meter distance waypoint mission?

A 300 meter one worked fine. But I thought the phantom 3 had a max distance of 3km?

This is like the chip is telling me there's a 400-something meter range built in??

That doesn't seem right at all

A 300 meter one worked fine. But I thought the phantom 3 had a max distance of 3km?
While the max distance is greater, waypoint missions are limited to a 500 meter radius.

Thanks for the reply,

But that's such an impossibly small radius. Is that just for the Phantom 3 Standard?

What about the 3 Adv? Or Pro?

I think, for example, the Phantom 4 has a 5km range

It's a limit in the DJI GO app. Litchi does not have that limitation.

But I'm using the Github sample app here. I'm a Java developer.

So does that mean I can edit the max range in the DJI GO app, and then I could be able to fly longer missions with my Phantom 3 Standard?

Props to you for attempting this. Unless another person experienced with the SDK or developing applications outside of GO4 to interface with the system, I think about all the rest of us can say is it can be done – Litchi proves it – but how from a programming standpoint is going to be a much tougher nut to crack – here.

There are developer forums, I think hosted by DJI. You might try asking there. Anyone have any links for our friend?

Also, you might try posting over on the Phantom Pilots sister forum. Click on the "Phantom" link at the bottom of this page under "Calling all pilots!" banner.

Good luck!

Most likely it's one of 3 things:
1. The actual corner radius at ONE waypoint ...
2. The 3D distance between the home point and WP1 ...
3. The 3D distance between 2 consecutive waypoints ...
exceeds the limits.

The SDK limits for a Phantom 3 Pro are:
1. 0.2-999m
2. 0.6-1999m
3. 0.6-1999m

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members