DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom 3A flyer and Pixel XL phone user

monkeychops

Reactions
Hi all

I've had a Phantom 3A for a couple of years and love it but I'm starting to crave the portability of the Mavic Pro.
There is a 3rd party seller on Amazon UK (where I live) selling new at £740. £850 for a 'fulfilled by Amazon' one.

Also my phone is a Pixel XL which is a decent phone but I keep hearing about compatibility issues and crashes running DJI Go 4. So am thinking about switching to an iPhone 8.

Looking for advice really. Worth taking a risk on the cheaper Mavic deal? Anyone made the switch from a Pixel phone?

TIA :)

I personally wouldn't go for the cheaper option as Amazons customer service is great if needed. If the seller has loads of good feedback and you're planning on buying the Care Refresh plan then may be risk it.

I'd use the phone you have at first and see what your experiences are with it. I bought a phone as a dedicated screen which some people said they have been using fine but for some reason the app crashes regularly on mine. I've definitely got the best experience from the app when using it on the iPhone though.

Very sensible advice, thank you.
The seller has 96% positive feedback on Amazon and it's a saving of more than £100 which is tempting. It should at least be covered by the DJI warranty, which I've used on my P3A which developed a cracked case.
Good point, I can try the Mavic Pro on my Pixel XL as it may be fine. From what I've read it probably won't be.

Reactions: Youser
Very sensible advice, thank you.
The seller has 96% positive feedback on Amazon and it's a saving of more than £100 which is tempting. It should at least be covered by the DJI warranty, which I've used on my P3A which developed a cracked case.
Good point, I can try the Mavic Pro on my Pixel XL as it may be fine. From what I've read it probably won't be.
MP arrived 2 days ago and so far so good with the Pixel XL. No app crashes in 10 flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee