DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

i order it and i dont know if i will open it.
i think i will sell it and i will buy another in the list.

I recently received my Mavic and was using an iPhone 6 with it. Today I picked up an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet for $ 65 Canadian dollars and it seems to work just fine. MUCH more testing/flying to do before it becomes my 'go to' visual device for the Mavvy but it is quite hopeful. I think to answer your final question, bigger is going to be better however there is big enough (under 7") where it will fit in the holder without any additional mounting adapter.
does your tablet still work with the new dji app on mavic

I've got a Samsung J7 Prime running Android 6.0.1 with no additional apps on the phone besides the DJI GO 4 app and the ones the phone initially came with. Had 3 flights and so far it's working all good.
so you recomend this phone still?

Note: An updated list of tablets/phones is available here.

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Apple Devices

►► iPhone 5s--(4 inches A7 chip)
iPhone 6--(4.7 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6 Plus--(5.5 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6s--(4.7 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 6s Plus--(5.5 inches A9 chip)
iPhone SE--(4 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 7--(4.7 inches A10 chip)
iPhone 7 Plus--(5.5 inches A10 chip)

Notes:
  • The remote controller mount can only hold devices that are up to 6.29 inches tall and 0.25-0.33 inches thick (including the case).
  • Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.
  • If you're planning on using a tripod, stand, or 3rd party mount, any of these tablets can also be used with DJI GO.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Android Devices

►► Google Nexus 5--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► HTC One--(4.7 inches1.7 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7--(6.8 inches1.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei P8 Max--(6.8 inches2.2 GHz3 GB RAM)
Huawei P9 Max--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz4 GB RAM)
Nubia Z7 Mini--(5 inches2.0 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy A5--(5.2 inches1.6 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3--(5.7 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4--(5.7 inches2.7 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Note 5--(5.7 inches2.1 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S4--(5 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S5--(5.1 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S6--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S7--(5.1 inches3 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
Smartisan T1--(4.95 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Sony Xperia Z2--(5.2 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Sony Xperia Z3--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz3 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 3--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 4--(5.5 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)

Notes:

• The remote controller mount can only hold devices that are up to 6.29 inches tall and 0.25-0.33 inches thick (including the case).
  • Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.
  • If you're not able to install DJI GO from the Google Play store, you'll need to sideload the DJI GO APK.
  • If you're planning on using a tripod, stand, or 3rd party mount, any of these tablets can also be used with DJI GO.
is this updated?

Had the iPad mini 4 for a few weeks ,but finally got my Lifthor holder and cable for it yesterday :)
Works so well, nice to be able to access all menu / control features . . . now to find a suitable lanyard !!
It's not heavy overall, quite ok for use for a couple of 20min flights, but for longer sessions to go hands free occasionally it might be handy.

thor_2.jpg thor_cable_2.jpg

Reactions: StanTGM
I haven't had one hiccup with my iPhone 5s and an iPad4 Mini

I can confirm that the Asus Zenpad 10.1" tablet with 2gb ram, 64gb storage and MediaTek processor runs the latest DJI GO 4 app with zero issues. Bought it intending to use as a dedicated device but love it so much I couldn't help using it for other things, but even with other programs installed it runs GO4 perfectly after using the "Power & Boost" tool.

-Joe

I use a Pixel C tablet and have no issues. When I first connect there is hesitation then I am off and flying with no issues. I am using 4.1.3 no DJI connect version.

Just bought a Mediapad M3 with LTE and that works perfectly, screen i can read with sunglasses on, no lag, very fast startup.

Just bought a Mediapad M3 with LTE and that works perfectly, screen i can read with sunglasses on, no lag, very fast startup.
Which M3 are you using? The 8.4", Lite 8", or Lite 10"?

I use a Hauwei Mate 8. Going to update to the Mate 10 soon.... But I have never had issues with the unit. no frame drops, even my old Sony Z2 works like a dream

I'm using iphone se and ipad air2. I also use an android phone LG V20 . I can confirm LG v20 works nicely and no lag. Lg v20 using usb-c cable and has big screen. I only use lg as mavic controller and to try latest feature on dji go app. My ios still using old dji go app though...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS