DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom Rain Post - Midnight Snow to Raging flurry !

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Perfect night for a stroll to a friends house for a remote landing . 2: 30 am nothing but the sound of sirens outside .

Huge snow flakes falling like leaves half way there the Winds Change to a swirl going straight up catching the camera and my drone , instant loss of visual.

Made several attempts gaining speed each time to cross over lowering the drone on several attempts full video posted on our website.

So it appears the Mavic 2 struggled with the Upward Drafts , if you watch carefully you can see the snow start to go straight up as I negotiate the surrounding weather.

This is where I think the Phantom 4 is a little bit more well equipped because you can brace the camera , and not get that overload error or camera whip
The Mavic 2 may fly nice in the wind but the Gimbal is a little more sensitive to the changes as is the camera.

Moral of the story : Let your Mavic rest easy and fly your Phantom sometimes. ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in and out of the Storm.

Watch in 2K

Last edited:
Perfect night for a stroll to a friends house for a remote landing . 2: 30 am nothing but the sound of sirens outside .

Huge snow flakes falling like leaves half way there the Winds Change to a swirl going straight up catching the camera and my drone , instant loss of visual.

Made several attempts gaining speed each time to cross over lowering the drone on several attempts full video posted on our website.

So it appears the Mavic 2 struggled with the Upward Drafts , if you watch carefully you can see the snow start to go straight up as I negotiate the surrounding weather.

This is where I think the Phantom 4 is a little bit more well equipped because you can brace the camera , and not get that overload error or camera whip
The Mavic 2 may fly nice in the wind but the Gimbal is a little more sensitive to the changes as is the camera.

Moral of the story : Let your Mavic rest easy and fly your Phantom sometimes. ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in and out of the Storm.

Watch in 2K

You play it fast and loose with those cables lol..! That would scare me.! Nice shots, mind you..!

You play it fast and loose with those cables lol..! That would scare me.! Nice shots, mind you..!

lol, keep in mind its the Zoom and I have the High Advantage point that allows me to get away with some low line tree topping , cable popping moves.

Those nice looking snow flakes turned into a wind swept ice rain and I had to abort the Remote landing because I could not see the Smart Controller Screen to land, but it was fun trying.

Reactions: Dronage
Good work in those conditions.
I am keen to fit out my M2Z with your wetsuit for our upcoming winter just in case I read the conditions incorrectly and get caught, is there any sort of deal running which includes multiple battery covers at the moment.
Cheers

Good work in those conditions.
I am keen to fit out my M2Z with your wetsuit for our upcoming winter just in case I read the conditions incorrectly and get caught, is there any sort of deal running which includes multiple battery covers at the moment.
Cheers

We offer the TWILIGHT PACKAGE for the forum Members which comes with 3 battery Covers and 3 Power Button Seals and all 4 Color Nominations for different environmental flying conditions.

So you get all the of the following below.
Email me at [email protected] and I will send you out an invoice .
$99.95 for the Twilight Package .

Thank you for your interest.

Truama 1 - Red and Black for woods
Neon Tac - Neon Blue has a glow at dusk
Orca - black and White good for going over the water
Eclipse - All black for White Skies and long distance.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom