DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phillydrone life asking for trouble ?

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
This guy is asking for trouble . Flying well inside the 150 m separation required to the train and putting a **** the FAA message in the video to boot.
Thought he would have learned his lesson with the fine last year . FAA must actually be toothless if they're allowing this to continue.
The guy is no ambassador to this hobby .

Latest video here (jump to 17.07 if his grating voice does your head in)

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is asking for trouble . Flying well inside the 150 m separation required to the train and putting a F$ck the FAA message in the video to boot.
Thought he would have learned his lesson with the fine last year . FAA must actually be toothless if they're allowing this to continue.

The guy is a nut case no question. Having said that I scrubbed through the video and I didn’t see anything blatantly against the rules.

Again I didn’t watch the whole 20 min video in real time but in the US there’s no “150 meter separation rule.” First of all any rule would be in feet not meters 😉. Depending on the rules he’s flying under the strictest rule about moving vehicles would be not to fly directly over them which he wasn’t doing. You aren’t suppose to fly recklessly but that’s more of a catch all subjective rule and I’m not sure this would qualify.

You do have to fly visual line of sight and normally the 3000+ feet the drone was out would be pushing it and probably be out of range but since he’s flying at night that could very well be in his within visual line of sight with the lights on. Borderline one here.

No question the guy is a nut case hard to say if he’s actually breaking any rules here.

Sorry , meant not closer than 150 feet / 30 meters for any vehicle not directly in your control as per EU rules . Still the F.U FAA script is really goading them. View attachment 143065
We have no such rule over here.

He may be goading them but we take the freedom of speech thing pretty seriously. I can’t say I don’t share the sentiment from time to time, although, I don’t put it into a video for all the world to see

Last edited:
I was wondering what ever happened to the $182k fine imposed by the FAA on Mikey? Is it still in the US courts, or was it settled for an undisclosed amount? Interested to know if anyone followed the case?

This guy is asking for trouble . Flying well inside the 150 m separation required to the train and putting a F$ck the FAA message in the video to boot.

There are “Dry Drunks” and the same holds true for ex-Heroin addicts. As such, we couldn’t ask for a better ambassador. Hard to imagine people following this guy.

Reactions: Wade L.

I’ve flown all the shots he did in that video many times. I don’t see anything unlawful on a quick glance.

Won't give (Removed by moderator) any clicks. He should not have a drone and I hope the did or do nail him for more violations.

I believe, from something I read way back but can't find now, that Mikey's case comes up in court this Spring. The last I saw, he had be 'educated' a few times, kept at his illegal drone flying, and was hit with $180,000+ in fines.

If you follow Rupprecht Law, he's likely to update us with what happens.

J RupprechtLaw.com

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
I was unable to find anything about this case being considered in court. But I ran across this January 2022 article in Forbes about FAA enforcement and fines against UAS pilots. Interesting reading. It was written by Jonathan Rupprecht, mentioned above.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx

Why would anyone listen to that? His voice is like fingernails on a chalk board. Thanks for the "jump" pointer, the train video was pretty cool.

At least he didn't fly through the tunnel...

TCS

Reactions: Galeforce1 and MTO
Reviewed the video. The flight is perfectly within the rules of where he is flying.

You guys should stop being judgmental (mod removed) about his history, it’s not a good look.

Reactions: RoarRoar and drrags

I'm not aware that there is an FAA rule on drone-train separation. There are newly updated rules on flying over people and cars, and he seems to be in compliance with them. Alternatively, there is no evidence on this video that he is NOT in compliance.

As far as the message goes, we're allowed to do that in America.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman