DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone Cache vs Micro SD

jpd1903

Reactions
Hi, really sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find.

Is there a benefit to saving to Micro SD as opposed to direct to my Iphone cache? I have a large memory on iphone but upon taking the video off yesterday (my SD card was full) it seemed at a lower quality to that of the SD card quality I have used in the past. Is it the case that saving to SD gives better quality?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a benefit to saving to Micro SD as opposed to direct to my Iphone cache? I have a large memory on iphone but upon taking the video off yesterday (my SD card was full) it seemed at a lower quality to that of the SD card quality I have used in the past. Is it the case that saving to SD gives better quality?

Thanks in advance.

The cache is significantly lower quality.

Not just that, but as you save to your phone cashe you eat up your available memory which slows down your phone. This can cause problems with your flight app whether it is GO4 or Litchi. I had that issue with my old Android phone. I found a lot of times when my storage on the phone's internal memory got extremely low, my app would crash, or get really sluggish. So I switched over to saving the cashed video onto the sd card on my phone. I am assuming you are talking about a Mavic Pro though and your actual usable video is on the SD card in the bird.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a relevant thread (right-click to open it in a new tab, then go to page 1 of the thread)):

KlooGee saves me: by advising always saving a backup to the cache

Hi there guys

I seem to have had the same issue on the Mavic 2 pro recently in Norway while filming a proposal!!

I saw some message which I briefly remember being something about phone cache as well since the drone memory was full or something. I then immediately cleared off some old videos and recorded some clips into the SD card which had no issues.

Upon browsing thru file explorer when I connected the drone to my pc. I realised that the clip was there in the folder but the file was extremely blurry even though it was a few gb as it was an almost 3 mins clip. Is there a way to recover or improve the original video quality?

Many thanks in advance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike