DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone mount clips

TedShred

Reactions
I got the clips on EBay and the 1 foot 90° cables on Amazon.
I think I'm going to like this way better. Much easier access to the phone and a much more positive connection. Plus I can leave the phone case on!
They also fit in the drone case when mounted.

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg20190318_192554.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
Nice setup. I used to 3D print something very similar to those clips for the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet to mount into. People called them Z Clips.

Reactions: TedShred
The set I have came from ebay - Mount Clip Holder Phone Bracket For DJI Mavic 2 PRO ZOOM AIR Remote Controller | eBay

Although Id like to know what the cable is thats being used.
USB-C for my Galaxy S8 and other USB-C devices.

USB C Cable Right Angle,SUNGUY (3-Pack,1ft x3) 90 Degree Short Fast Charging Type C Cable for Samsung Galaxy S9/S8+/Note 8,Google Pixel 2XL,Sony Xperia XZ,Huawei Mate10 Pro,OnePlus 5T and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H96GG3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LwoKCbAVE5QH9

@TedShred, since the those clips don't support the bottom of the phone, do you worry that the phone could ever slide down and fall out of the clips?

Reactions: TedShred
I’ve not used mine as they didn’t feel safe, but I was planning on designing my own tighter version and 3D printing them.

Reactions: run2jeepn
@TedShred, since the those clips don't support the bottom of the phone, do you worry that the phone could ever slide down and fall out of the clips?
With the case on the phone it's a fairly tight fit plus my hands are right there.
I didn't think about that so I'm glad you brought it to my attention. So far so good though.

Reactions: msinger
I just got a set from Amazon today. My Note 9 was really tight even with no case before, but with these clamps, it fits great even with the case on. I'm still using the DJI cable. I think I am really going to like these. BTW: When I ordered the delivery estimate was 2 to 5 weeks out. The items actually arrived in less than a week.

I just got a set from Amazon today. My Note 9 was really tight even with no case before, but with these clamps, it fits great even with the case on. I'm still using the DJI cable. I think I am really going to like these. BTW: When I ordered the delivery estimate was 2 to 5 weeks out. The items actually arrived in less than a week.

Thanks Pic's of it with the Phone mounted would be great.

Thanks Pic's of it with the Phone mounted would be great.
These are perfect for my setup. The Note 9 is 161.9mm plus whatever the thickness of the case is. According to DJI, the standard Mavic 2 RC can support devices up to 160mm. I could make the Note 9 fit before, but it was awkward, felt like I was stressing the phone, and it made it difficult to get to things on the parts of the phone that were in the standard grips. These make putting the phone in and taking it out a breeze. I worried if there would be enough tension to hold the phone, but so far no problem. I leave the clips in and the remote still fits in my bag with plenty of room, but they are really easy to put in and take out.

Clips w phone 3.JPGClips w phone side 1.JPGClips w phone side 2.JPGClips no phone 1.JPGClips arms folded 1.JPGClips w arms folded from side 1.JPGClips w phone-shade.JPG

Reactions: SHRED and run2jeepn
These are perfect for my setup. The Note 9 is 161.9mm plus whatever the thickness of the case is. According to DJI, the standard Mavic 2 RC can support devices up to 160mm. I could make the Note 9 fit before, but it was awkward, felt like I was stressing the phone, and it made it difficult to get to things on the parts of the phone that were in the standard grips. These make putting the phone in and taking it out a breeze. I worried if there would be enough tension to hold the phone, but so far no problem. I leave the clips in and the remote still fits in my bag with plenty of room, but they are really easy to put in and take out.

View attachment 66893View attachment 66895View attachment 66896View attachment 66897View attachment 66898View attachment 66899View attachment 66900
What shade is that? Nice.

Nice setup. I used to 3D print something very similar to those clips for the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet to mount into. People called them Z Clips.

Still have an old set of the Shield clips laying around you would be willing to part with?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan