DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos and Videos Bicycle Racing

Reactions
Does anyone have any examples of angles for photographing and/or video captures of bicycle racing? I am going to start using my drone for this type of shooting and was looking for any advice, examples or inspiration.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

I'd check out images and videos on GCN plus and and Velo News for what is being shot today. They'd be the first sites I'd check then expand from there. Just mind yourself flying over people, crowds and vehicles - including the bike racers themselves.

Does anyone have any examples of angles for photographing and/or video captures of bicycle racing? I am going to start using my drone for this type of shooting and was looking for any advice, examples or inspiration.

Does anyone have any examples of angles for photographing and/or video captures of bicycle racing? I am going to start using my drone for

I photograph motorcycle racing in the U.K. , drones are not allowed to fly over live racing circuits, cheers Len

Thanks in advance for any help you can give m

Don't keep the angle of camera too steep. I have had that problem with Maven using 45deg on real estate video. Way too steep.

This spring/summer, I plan to do more outreach to the local cycling groups that I know to ask about filming their rides. With races, I think it's tough because a lot of them will have an "official" photographer and they probably wouldn't want anyone else doing any up-close filming (not to mention all the waivers and stuff you'd probably need to get). So I'll probably just stick with local group rides and stuff.

I did take my Air2S and Avata to one local race a couple of months ago, but I knew the venue and knew where I could fly to get okay shots without getting recklessly close to people/racers. This was a cyclocross race, the course was tight and close to spectators, so I think a road race/ride would be much better. I've also thought about doing mountain biking, but the best place to do that around here doesn't allow drones...

With its wideangle lens your drone isn't going to be very useful.
You would have to get much too close to capture good images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman