DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos between waypoints? Litchi or other

MartinKS

Reactions
This might be an odd question, but is there a way to plan a waypoint mission in Litchi (preferably) or any other app, where the drone would take a photo every 2s between two waypoints?

For context, I'm experimenting with time-lapses, and while I can make a 99-point mission for smaller projects, I'd like to make a longer mission eventually. DroneDeploy seems to do it, but that's obviously limited to aerial-survey style downward facing images, and so isn't ideal.

Simply set the quad to take a picture every 2 seconds and then launch the mission

Reactions: MartinKS
Thanks, didn't know that was an option, but I've found it now

No worries, there is something called a hyper lapse where you have the quad move at 1mph whilst taking pictures, the effect is quite awesome

That's the plan! Thanks. I'd not come across the 1mph suggestion before, so was going to experiment, but I'll use this as the starting point.

Re the OP... I too need this facility to take photos between waypoints.
I tried the interval setting, but it didn't work.... it reverted to taking just one photo at each waypoint, and nothing in between..... it actually reset the capture mode to single photo.
Here's the thing, and could this be my problem....... before starting he mission, I had set capture to every 3 seconds.... but in the mission, I had also set each waypoint to have an action of "Take Photo"

Could that action have stopped the 3 second interval????
I haven't yet had an opportunity to test this

Re the OP... I too need this facility to take photos between waypoints.
I tried the interval setting, but it didn't work.... it reverted to taking just one photo at each waypoint, and nothing in between..... it actually reset the capture mode to single photo.
Here's the thing, and could this be my problem....... before starting he mission, I had set capture to every 3 seconds.... but in the mission, I had also set each waypoint to have an action of "Take Photo"

Could that action have stopped the 3 second interval????
I haven't yet had an opportunity to test this

Yes the mission will override the camera settings, don’t use actions just set the camera to take pictures at the required interval

Has anyone worked with this issue recently? The question was, how does the camera take several photos when flying from WPx to WPy. This problem seems to have been solved with the October 2019 Update of Litchi: "added new mission setting Photo Capture Interval that can be used to automatically start an interval capture for the entire mission or between specific waypoints ". Here one can specify either seconds or meters. Has anyone tried this function so far?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada