Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Photos between waypoints? Litchi or other

MartinKS

Reaction score
This might be an odd question, but is there a way to plan a waypoint mission in Litchi (preferably) or any other app, where the drone would take a photo every 2s between two waypoints?

For context, I'm experimenting with time-lapses, and while I can make a 99-point mission for smaller projects, I'd like to make a longer mission eventually. DroneDeploy seems to do it, but that's obviously limited to aerial-survey style downward facing images, and so isn't ideal.

Exphantomflyer

Reaction score
Simply set the quad to take a picture every 2 seconds and then launch the mission

Reactions: MartinKS

MartinKS

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know that was an option, but I've found it now

Exphantomflyer

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know that was an option, but I've found it now
No worries, there is something called a hyper lapse where you have the quad move at 1mph whilst taking pictures, the effect is quite awesome

MartinKS

Reaction score
That's the plan! Thanks. I'd not come across the 1mph suggestion before, so was going to experiment, but I'll use this as the starting point.

queeg730

Reaction score
Re the OP... I too need this facility to take photos between waypoints.
I tried the interval setting, but it didn't work.... it reverted to taking just one photo at each waypoint, and nothing in between..... it actually reset the capture mode to single photo.
Here's the thing, and could this be my problem....... before starting he mission, I had set capture to every 3 seconds.... but in the mission, I had also set each waypoint to have an action of "Take Photo"

Could that action have stopped the 3 second interval????
I haven't yet had an opportunity to test this

Exphantomflyer

Reaction score
Re the OP... I too need this facility to take photos between waypoints.
I tried the interval setting, but it didn't work.... it reverted to taking just one photo at each waypoint, and nothing in between..... it actually reset the capture mode to single photo.
Here's the thing, and could this be my problem....... before starting he mission, I had set capture to every 3 seconds.... but in the mission, I had also set each waypoint to have an action of "Take Photo"

Could that action have stopped the 3 second interval????
I haven't yet had an opportunity to test this

Yes the mission will override the camera settings, don’t use actions just set the camera to take pictures at the required interval

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leverett