DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picture count reset

jeplane

Reactions
I don't do videos, and instead take stills.
As a result, my MP2 has gone above the 1000 pics mark, and I've noticed that it is starting at 0 again.
Is there a way to stop that reset, and continue to accrue a counter with the proper count? 1001 and so on?
Thanks

Why would you want an on going count ?
Surely you don't have a folder containing over 1000 consecutively numbered photo’s.
If you only save the ones you want why not rename them to something relating to the picture, that's got to be easier when looking for something specific.

Why would you want an on going count ?
Because eventually you will end up with photos with duplicate file names on your computer, which can lead to photos accidentally being overwritten.

Those of us who are photographers do, in fact, take thousands of photos and renaming them manually isn't practical.

Reactions: JMagnus
I do rename the pics, although with RAW files, like Mr Salty said, it can become a pain in the rear. I am just trying to get an accurate account on how many times the shutter has clicked in the lifetime of this aircraft.
The lack of response on this thread makes me think no one cares...:)

Last edited:
Because eventually you will end up with photos with duplicate file names on your computer, which can lead to photos accidentally being overwritten.

Those of us who are photographers do, in fact, take thousands of photos and renaming them manually isn't practical.
I understand that a photographer will take thousands of pictures.

That's why renaming is so important.

It is simple to batch rename all pictures JPEG or RAW, in a folder highlight all rename first one and the rest have the same name but consecutive numbers (that's on a PC no idea on a Mac)

Examples, batch rename to Insert name – wedding or Insert name- function, you will end up with photos labelled and numbered to a specific event making it easy to get back to them at a later date.

I understand that a photographer will take thousands of pictures.

That's why renaming is so important.
Much simpler to leave the image files and just rename the folders with a date and subject or location.

Meta4 If you only rename the folder the image numbers stay the same so you could still end up with duplicate image numbers.

I think we have got a little off topic jeplane only wanted to know if his Mavic could count over 1000.

It looks like we all have our own archive methods so I hope we at least gave out some useful ideas.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Meta4 If you only rename the folder the image numbers stay the same so you could still end up with duplicate image numbers.
Could? I have to do it because I click over the 1000 shots most weeks.
I have thousands with duplicate numbers but as long as they are in separate folders that doesn't matter and I can find what I need by going to the appropriately named folder.
I think we have got a little off topic jeplane only wanted to know if his Mavic could count over 1000.
DJI used to go to 9999 with their Phantom 2 series cameras but all models since then reset at 999 and unfortunately there's no way around that.

Thanks Meta4. I suspected that it might be the case. No biggie. Was just curious to see if there was a way.
Chasethebluelines: Point noted about the electronic shutter. That's the part where you make me realize "Duh, I should have remembered that!..." :cool:

I regularly take 600 at a time when doing hyperlapse. I just make sure they are arranged into set folders and I rename the batch.
I’m not a professional so when I’ve processed/edited my pics, I just delete the RAW files. I can certainly understand that professionals would need to keep these files.

I rename EVERY image (even videos) to match the job I'm doing. I would do the same for recreation images and videos as well (naming them to match the event etc)

I also rename, using a variety of batch programs to make the job easier for me. Just make sure you don't copy and rename them to the same memory card, but to a computer or external hard drive.

Can anyone on this thread or new from this post. How do you reset frame count on the DJI Mavic Air 2.....on the Drone and Smart Controller? Don't tell me about how you rename frame or set up new folder.....that's not what I asked. Again so I'm clear...How do I reset frame capture number to ZERO on drone and controller?

Thank You in advance!
ka

Where can I find instructions on How to format SD Card w/ and in Smart Controller? How about how to format the card in Drone?
It's the card in the camera that matters, not the one in the controller (which really isn't necessary at all).
Go to your app settings, tap on the Camera tab and go down the page to Storage.
Select the SD card and tap Format.
That will wipe the card clean for you.
i-7pBVTk5-M.jpg

It's the card in the camera that matters, not the one in the controller (which really isn't necessary at all).
Go to your app settings, tap on the Camera tab and go down the page to Storage.
Select the SD card and tap Format.
That will wipe the card clean for you.
i-7pBVTk5-M.jpg
YOU are AWESOME! Thank You!

Format your SD card in the drone before flying and you should see the image files start from DJI_001.
Thanks..i tried that trick. But my mavic 2 pro still ran the file name as a continuous numbet, not 0001. I know i can set the drone to reset, but if i do that, every battery change restarts the counter, which overrights the photos on the sd card. I wish DJI had a reset counter button. I would like to insert a formatted sd card, start the days shoot ..fly thru multiple batteries and restarts and have the days photos start at 0001 and keep going up until i finish the location. Next location, new sd card and repeat. As it stands now, the second sd card continues where the last shoot left off, even if i format the card in the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass