DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Handout For Law Enforcement & Public Interest. UK

I kind of remember a couple of posts like this for US flyers with FAA laws.. I'd like to find that/those posts again.

It's a great idea to have something like this on hand. +1
I ran across these double sided tri fold flyers last year (US version), I believe everything is up to date

Attachments

• what are you doing with that drone - Part 107.pdf
    948.8 KB · Views: 11
  • What are you doing with that drone - Recreational.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Hi
I am trying to compile a "Pilot Handout For Law Enforcement & Public Interest" for the UK, can anyone comment on it.

cheers
Spike
This is what I use in the U.K. or at least carry as no one has any issue with me yet.

Attachments

• Drone Rules Handout.pdf
    369.6 KB · Views: 7
Lost me where it put insurance, I don't have or need insurance to fly. I self insure.

This is what I use in the U.K. or at least carry as no one has any issue with me yet.
So, how is that working out for you? I would guess that a Kevin or a Karen who is looking to make a stink is going to tear up you little handout, toss it on the ground, or stuff it back in your pocket.

Remember, I'm a Kevin and I want to make a stink, I "know" what you are doing is "illegal" and I am "deputizing" myself to protect the world from people of your "ilk" (Child predators taking illegal photos of our children… and what-not…).

I would simply say (to a Kevin or Karen…) that what they are doing is illegal and that I am calling the police to report their assault on me while I am lawfully operating an Federally Licensed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and that's a Federal Crime!!! (Here is the US, but you are in the UK and I am sure that there are similar laws to protect you… Use them…).

Good Luck!

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
So, how is that working out for you? I would guess that a Kevin or a Karen who is looking to make a stink is going to tear up you little handout, toss it on the ground, or stuff it back in your pocket.

Remember, I'm a Kevin and I want to make a stink, I "know" what you are doing is "illegal" and I am "deputizing" myself to protect the world from people of your "ilk" (Child predators taking illegal photos of our children… and what-not…).

I would simply say (to a Kevin or Karen…) that what they are doing is illegal and that I am calling the police to report their assault on me while I am lawfully operating an Federally Licensed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and that's a Federal Crime!!! (Here is the US, but you are in the UK and I am sure that there are similar laws to protect you… Use them…).

Good Luck!
I get exactly what you're saying. AND in no way do I argue that point. These people are maniacs.

Saying that, I think it could possibly be proactive to just have one of these flyers sticking out of your bag when someone "strolls" up. You could always give it the ole, "I read what that flyer says that was given to me by the FAA and thought it was legal. Take a look and see if you agree.." At this point they should snatch it right up and start reading it..
If after that they continue acting aggressive, I would suggest either packing up calling the cops or telling them you are. Its these lunatics that are breaking laws. Not you.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25