DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Piloting in Surabaya, Indonesia

icasby

Reactions
Hi guys,

I am a new pilot just got a Mavic Pro fly more combo this Christmas to help us do some shooting.
Main purpose for this drone is helping with media production for the organization I work for and perhaps some on location videos all over Indonesia.

I searched this forum online and this might be a good place to start looking and getting help and perhaps give help when I got acquainted with this Drone.

First time drone pilot so will probably search and ask some questions before. I am interested in how to take care and fly this. Watched some videos in Youtube but perhaps there might be some experienced pilot that can help answer specific questions when I have one.

Piloting base in Surabaya, Indonesia (near Bali if you're curious).

Thank you,
- Ray

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello, I have been flying the mavic for almost one year, those are my tips: Try to use the mavic with the controller and never in WiFi mode so you won't have a delay when you press a command.
Try to use only the official DJI Go app and no mods and other apps. only use those apps if you have been looking videos on internet which confirm that it is safe.
For the first week, I strongly recommend you to fly in beginner mode and when you're in normal mode, don' go directly in sport mode.
If you get some high wind alerts, trust them! I almost lost ly mavic by not listening to them.
Bring back your drone at 20 percent battery, or at some point, it will start a auto landing procedure that you can't stop, and that's pretty embarassing when you're over the water...
NEVER fly indoors, this is how most people crash their drone.
Always be aware of the drone rules where you fly and print them so if someone starts arguing with you, give him the paper showing him that you're legual. This is how I got my drone confiscated, i went to morocco with my mavic, there, drones are forbidden and I didn't knew it, they confiscated my drone and I had to buy a new one....

Hope that this helped, those are my principal tips!
Fly safe! Don't forget to like this comment if you found it useful as it shows to others that I am fiable! :)

Takis Kirkis

Reactions: icasby
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thank you guys.

Appreciate the advice Mr. Tic Tac.... I am not sure there are regulations on this in my area. That being the case I am looking to fly in open air area first and will probably almost never in crowded area.

Am now clocking on the flight sim first and will post some videos soon probably on a youtube channel.

Awesome welcome!

Looking forward to contribute.

-Ray

Hi guys,

I am a new pilot just got a Mavic Pro fly more combo this Christmas to help us do some shooting.
Main purpose for this drone is helping with media production for the organization I work for and perhaps some on location videos all over Indonesia.

I searched this forum online and this might be a good place to start looking and getting help and perhaps give help when I got acquainted with this Drone.

First time drone pilot so will probably search and ask some questions before. I am interested in how to take care and fly this. Watched some videos in Youtube but perhaps there might be some experienced pilot that can help answer specific questions when I have one.

Thank you,
- Ray
Howdy from Wyoming icasby, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi guys,

Thank you,
- Ray
Hi Ray,

I own a mavic pro too and living in Surabaya most of the year. Very nice piece of technique. Anyway, we might share some thoughts.

Regards,

Edwin

Hey @icasby welcome to the forum!

I had the same issue with commercial drone regulation in Indonesia and turns out that on top of drone recreational use rules you will need an insurance + an authorisation from the director general of civil aviation (to be honest, this is one of the simplest commercial rules in the world I came across).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes