DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Props Louder?!

jedpause

Reactions
Greetings..

First flight today in the garden, impatience.. anyway..I have the standard Mavic Pro and first flew with the standard props... started up really silent... took off.. a bit louder but quite acceptable (windy here today)

Video is quite stunning... but had to be careful as neighbours were cocking an eye... I was ethical :)

Then stuck some genuine Platinim props on.... and guess what.. startup was louder... and take off and whole experience louder... what?!

These are genuine Platinum props from Jessops UK.. boxes etc all legit... seems a bit rubbish?

What is your experience?

Reactions: Prado man
Opposite experience. Went from angry bees to happy bees.

Reactions: dirkclod
It's all in the ear of the beholder I guess.

Not my experience, I now only use my quiet props.
I did buy some of the new props on ebay, but they were obvious fakes so i got a refund and got some genuine ones, Jessops should be OK.
The quiet props are very flexible at the tips, and can damage easily.

It's all in the ear of the beholder I guess.
I guess.. I'm hoping it was increased wind at the time.. But it was chalk and cheese in the wrong direction.. I will test again, early days

I've just ordered some of the Platinum props so I hope it was a 1 off. I was told the majority of the noise on the standard Mavic Pro is from the motors and not the blades, so platinum blade performance enhancement noise wise is negligible anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98