DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum props on Mavic Pro?

I went back to stock props as almost every flight I would get abnormal gimble vibration error.

I have not had the error since changing back to stock.

However, I would say the noice increase is fairly noticeable. I could barely hear my drown flying over at 400 feet with the stealth props. Now with the stock props it’s is easy to hear.

Reactions: ndrw833
Where did you get those? Any advantages, disadvantages compared to the original ones an the low noise? Are they foldable, lower weight?
I purchased those at drone world.com. They are very nice. They’re foldable. I did wear those they do weigh the same as the originals. I think they perform as well as the originals. Is far as the noise goals they are about the same.

Where did you read about overheating.
They will spin a little slower, they will be a little quieter, unfortunately you might see troubling vibrations from time to time, for reasons which are not clear.
In short, interesting to try but most go back to the originals after a few flights.

Ya I did not like, speed was to slow and seemed like it just did not perform well also keep getting strong winds and there was no wind that day, sticking with original blades, been dumping rain here in Texas and still have much more for days, just hate it here, don’t move to Texas , weather will ruin your droning

Ya I did not like, speed was to slow and seemed like it just did not perform well also keep getting strong winds and there was no wind that day, sticking with original blades, been dumping rain here in Texas and still have much more for days, just hate it here, don’t move to Texas , weather will ruin your droning

And if it wasn't the rain, it was the 20-33 mph wind with with gusts up to 69mph.

The noise to me is of no matter and really find the only difference to My ears is it's just a little lower in pitch than the stock props and where fly around all the tree's and water
hearing it helps me locating it when I look up from my screen which to me is more important than the lower noise . I do have them as I believe almost everyone here got
them just to try them out . I even run them sometimes if in town as they do appear rather cool looking with those tip's . Will I buy anymore ,no . JMO
Me too. I took a few flights with the quiet props, then quit them for good. I sent the bird out across the harbor on a cold windy day. Wind at my back and sun in my eyes. In a hasty return the sun blinded me to the MP and the wind drowned out the sound. With the noisy props I could have located her by sight quickly as it got close. Instead I navigated by camera and nipped a branch when it was just overhead. Damaged the camera requiring $200 repair, and learned a lesson: ditch the quiet props.

Yeah and hate ya had a crash . Have had several and are costly .
Welcome to the forum Jon .Thumbswayup

I went back to using the stock props as I kept getting the gimbal shake error. I also felt it struggled to hold position a bit in windy confitions with the low noise props. Shame as they are definitely a lot quieter.

I've fought a lot with the 8331 props. Got a pair from B&H which had manufacturing defects and were refunded. Then bought a new pair direct from DJI store. Also tried my buddies 8331's from his platinum. In short gimbal vibration errors occur often but just after take-off. After flying around a bit things seem to normalize. No such issues on the platinum. Measured sound difference and it ranges to ~2-4db less. I like them, but for me they are more finicky than the standard props on the PRO.

Last edited:
I use them all the time my Mavic is on old .700 I have never ever had any issue with Low Noise Props ever..

My buddy and I have been discussing the Platinum props, not so much for noise reduction (neither of us care whatsoever on that) but moreso that they might increase flight time. Has anybody heard of that or been able to verify? I have both Platinums and stock, but I'm still too new to really notice any difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer