DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum props on Mavic Pro?

My buddy and I have been discussing the Platinum props, not so much for noise reduction (neither of us care whatsoever on that) but moreso that they might increase flight time. Has anybody heard of that or been able to verify? I have both Platinums and stock, but I'm still too new to really notice any difference.
I used those for short time. If there is any more flight time I never noticed it. And if there is it’s not much. I run carbon fiber now.

I just had some cheap after market gold tips fail on me, my pro fell from 130 ft on to the road, I might have to look into the carbon fiber one when I get it back.

2E8CE6C7-CB30-4EA9-88BA-98DF3AE736FD.jpeg
I just had some cheap after market gold tips fail on me, my pro fell from 130 ft on to the road, I might have to look into the carbon fiber one when I get it back.
Don’t buy cheap ones. I purchased mine at drone world very nice props.

This isn't right, the Mavic automatically varies its prop speed to hold its altitude, it is not dependent on the firmware version. Otherwise if new props required "slower" firmware it would have flown up in the air uncontrollably when the newer props were fitted.
The only overheating I have heard of is caused by people adding extra payload to the Mavic causing the props to have to work harder to maintain altitude.

I believe it was a short term problem in one or two max FW versions (My observation from following numerous threads in this forum).

From my testing I have found no significant issues in last 45 days I have been using, the blades do turn slightly slower and have the most significant sound difference when above 100 ft probably because the lower pitch doesn't carry as far. My two cents..

I used those for short time. If there is any more flight time I never noticed it. And if there is it’s not much. I run carbon fiber now.

I noticed your drone earlier in the thread; it looks super cool! I never knew you could buy skins for them (the things you learn). Can't wait to find one for mine! Why do I always find expensive hobbies? haha

Do the carbon fiber rotors make a difference on flight time? Just continued curiousity; most of what I'll do (at least for now) can be accomplished on one flight or just landing and swapping in a new battery worst case.

I noticed your drone earlier in the thread; it looks super cool! I never knew you could buy skins for them (the things you learn). Can't wait to find one for mine! Why do I always find expensive hobbies? haha

Do the carbon fiber rotors make a difference on flight time? Just continued curiousity; most of what I'll do (at least for now) can be accomplished on one flight or just landing and swapping in a new battery worst case.

Every test video I've seen showed them decreasing battery life due to their increased weight (with them weighing between 0.4 and 1 gram heavier than stock), in some cases decreasing hover tests by about 1.5 minutes out of what was previously over 22.5 minutes of hover time.
Also, seeing how the drone is limited electronically rather than by the props, I personally see little value in them outside of aesthetics. You can run stock props and change the ascent and descent rates by roughly triple their current values if you "jailbreak" the drone, and the stock props are still fine, but that's probably when you would really gain the benefits of the stiff props.

Last edited:
I frequently fly over my neighborhood and do not want to bother my neighbors, so I switched to the low noise props. Noticeable noise difference No problems with the camera.

I have an MP and an MPP. I put on the Quiet props on my MP and it’s quieter, but not as quiet as my MPP. The MP has that high pitched “ bad bearing “ noise.

Thanks. Look on Amazon for the skins. They hav a lot too choose from. You might loose some flight time with the carbon fiber props but not enough to worry about. I like the stronger props. They don’t flex.

Thanks. Look on Amazon for the skins. They hav a lot too choose from. You might loose some flight time with the carbon fiber props but not enough to worry about. I like the stronger props. They don’t flex.

Thanks for the advice on the props! I've already started keeping an eye out for a cool skin. Maybe something bright because my eyes are awful haha. But thanks again, truly!

Do you recommend low-noise Platinum props on the Mavic Pro? I’ve heard that some overheating on the rotors may occur.
Never had a problem with "the quiet props" until today. Wind about 15kph, took off with no wind warning with a gimble vibration warning. The gimble was going up and down like a dashboard dogs head. Landed and changed props, no trouble with gimble.

I have seen YT video about gimbal vibration with platinum propellers. The solution seems to be a simple. Drop a bit of oil into joints of the blades.

I also tried the low noise props with my MP and seeing the gimbal errors at takeoff. What is more disturbing the random small vibrations when the MP brakes:

Where did you read about overheating.
They will spin a little slower, they will be a little quieter, unfortunately you might see troubling vibrations from time to time, for reasons which are not clear.
In short, interesting to try but most go back to the originals after a few flights.
I tested with platinum props in old mavic. The 2 front motor overheat(motor speed ~540rpm), then melt right-front arm and crash!!!!. After repair, then back to use with stock props, it normal again (motor speed ~580rpm)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman