DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plea for Goggle(s) Assistance??

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
Hi All; I have tried all goggles known to man for fit and finish. Problem is I (have to) wear glasses - so now I want to try DJI Goggles before I buy! But, I can't find a vendor with a demo pair for me to try on!! I don't want to order, try them and return if they don't fit/work etc - tired of doing that, and it is unfair to the vendors etc.

So, a "plea" - is there anyone in the area, anywhere near Casa Grande AZ with a set of DJI goggles I could at least try on and perhaps see working with a Mavic or other DJI drone?

I would be happy to drive anywhere within reason and meet. If anyone is even driving thru/past CG, I would be happy to meet at any of several suitable places around the freeways!

Thanks for taking the time folks! Rodney.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
They work fine with glasses, it just might not be the glasses you normally wear for reading unless you read 8" from your face. I have to use 4x readers which is about twice as strong as my normal glasses. But they do work with glasses and better with the glasses inserts that are available.

Thanks for that! I am not sure I can use plain readers due to astigmatism - another reason to try before I buy.... I just got new frames and lenses and made sure they are narrower between the temples just for the goggles - if possible. Not sure what "glasses inserts" are, I will look them up Thanks again!

Thanks for that! I am not sure I can use plain readers due to astigmatism - another reason to try before I buy.... I just got new frames and lenses and made sure they are narrower between the temples just for the goggles - if possible. Not sure what "glasses inserts" are, I will look them up Thanks again!
These are the ones I got, they work good

focus-fixers

Do you have noticeable double vision without correction for the astigmatism? I am near sighted and can't use my glasses with the Goggles, that is the thing I'll start to notice if I use the Goggles long enough.
Thanks for that - I don't know!! I would not last 5 minutes out there without the glasses unless I was in the wilderness and no traffic of any kind - human or mechanical!!! II am just hoping someone will be in the area so I can answer all the questions and I can GO BUY SOME!!!!!!

Hi All; I have tried all goggles known to man for fit and finish. Problem is I (have to) wear glasses - so now I want to try DJI Goggles before I buy! But, I can't find a vendor with a demo pair for me to try on!! I don't want to order, try them and return if they don't fit/work etc - tired of doing that, and it is unfair to the vendors etc.

So, a "plea" - is there anyone in the area, anywhere near Casa Grande AZ with a set of DJI goggles I could at least try on and perhaps see working with a Mavic or other DJI drone?

I would be happy to drive anywhere within reason and meet. If anyone is even driving thru/past CG, I would be happy to meet at any of several suitable places around the freeways!

Thanks for taking the time folks! Rodney.
You asked a good question and I had the same concern as I am 66 and wear readers. A friend raved about the Goggles and my only concern was whether I could get my glasses to work. The answer is absolutely YES your regular eyeglass frames will easily fit inside the Goggles and should not cause you any special problem when flipping the Goggles up. But as others have said, the strength of the lenses needs to be adjusted. My regular readers (+2.75 leave things a bit blurred but I did find a pair of my readers that are perfect so I am getting them assessed at an eye glass store so I can learn the strength and then I am ordering the inserts that go into the Goggles. I do realize that you have a bit of a special need for your eyes so perhaps you should consult with an eye doctor. You need to figure out what the strength is you will need for something 8-9 inches from your eyes . Hope this all helps

Reactions: Snow Bird 1
You asked a good question and I had the same concern as I am 66 and wear readers. A friend raved about the Goggles and my only concern was whether I could get my glasses to work. The answer is absolutely YES your regular eyeglass frames will easily fit inside the Goggles and should not cause you any special problem when flipping the Goggles up. But as others have said, the strength of the lenses needs to be adjusted. My regular readers (+2.75 leave things a bit blurred but I did find a pair of my readers that are perfect so I am getting them assessed at an eye glass store so I can learn the strength and then I am ordering the inserts that go into the Goggles. I do realize that you have a bit of a special need for your eyes so perhaps you should consult with an eye doctor. You need to figure out what the strength is you will need for something 8-9 inches from your eyes . Hope this all helps
Did that today! No, my prescription will NOT allow my glasses to work. I have to go get some special ones made - hoping the Focus Fixers might work. Keep you posted. I have a volunteer with some goggles only 30 - 45 minutes away, fingers crossed - I want these puppies so bad!!

OK!! I have answers!!!! Goggles fit over my glasses - mostly. They are a bit of a tight fit in terms of pressure on the nose pads etc, but do-able. Very happy with capabilities and fit/finish - thanks to MJ who met me and demonstrated most ably! However, I do need to get (small ) prescription readers. Will get cost of those in a day or so and make a decision on the goggles - they are on sale at DJI and there are probably some out there on eBay and Craig's List.

Thanks all for the input, suggestions and guidance!!!

Reactions: gschenck
Posted a reply today, not sure where it went. All good , got new prescription (no frills at all!) reading glasses online - $22 all up, including lenses, frames and postage!! Amazing but true (zennioptical.com) and yes they fit inside the goggles and I can see!!! Just ordered goggles from B&H! Can't wait.

I make the inserts with lenses, go up to 3.50 magnification.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart