DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help! Error after interrupted firmware update

There is a internal(inside)card in mavic behind metal plate. u have to apply heat to take it up.

Sure you did it correctly? As it says "Media Disconnected" for a start (ie its unplugged) and also it says DHCP Enabled which means the IP you address you set hasnt saved. DHCP = Auto IP address from the device, Manual = hard set.
If you cannot go to ftp://192.168.42.2 with a browser or what ever then NOTHING will flash it, not Assisant2 or DUMLdore or anything else. You need to sort out the IP address etc
I need to clarify: The screen shot in the post above was 'prior' to making the IP and subnet changes.

After making those changes (and with the drone turned on, connected, and connected to Assistant 2), IPCONFIG shows the following config:

upload_2018-2-18_19-39-53.png

I have also checked the IP / subnet settings again, they have saved.
Note, in netword properties, it looks like this:
upload_2018-2-18_19-41-35.png

Cheers,

Yannie

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-18_19-38-48.png
    upload_2018-2-18_19-38-48.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 43
There is a internal(inside)card in mavic behind metal plate. u have to apply heat to take it up.
Yes that logs the flight control data as the card is ON the flight controller. The card isn't even populated on later firmware as its logged to the eMMC and as I said, you cannot upgrade the firmware like that. End of story
If you dont know, dont just reply

Anyway, you have two options. Send it to DJI or option B that I have offered you in Email/PM.

Reactions: Yannie
"Network cable unplugged" = You can do all you want with the IP settings, it won't matter.
DUMLdore uses FTP over that interface, but since that interface is bricked it can't do a thing.
Older assistant versions do the same so won't work either.

Recent Assistant versions use another method which is why transfer goes through, but if it fails after that there simply isn't anything you can do but send it to DJI.

Did you try different versions in Assistant and not just the latest?

Reactions: Yannie and jezzab
Maybe try another computer. Assist 2 favors my laptop over my desktop.

Im completely new at all this but know a little about ip address's, isnt that 192. Address usually used for local internally assigned addresses not ftp's?

Yannie, I have never used dumbldore but I have watched videos on YouTube and one thing they say is to be sure you flash the right device. In your case a Mavic. If done wrong, what they say is that the drone is now a brick.
Hope someone can help.
Keep us informed. Never know when it will happen to one of us.

use dji assist v1.1.2-2

Use dank downloader to download fw 0700 ver

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I can provide an update on this.

Here is a summary of my experience:
  • I started by messaging DJI via messenger on facebook. Their response was fairly prompt and useful on nearly every occasion (fairly good 24/7 support). After requesting the input of a high-level tech support person on the chat, the conclusion was that my drone was bricked.
  • I contacted the retailer I bought the drone from.
    • They essentially told me to contact DJI for support directly
  • I emailed DJI support, and sent them the serial numbers, the problem, and all correspondence to date, and my contact details, etc
    • They sent me a postage label, so that I could send the drone back to their service centre near my home location for assessment
      • I did not have to pay for postage to send the drone to them. I sent it via standard post (not express), with tracking. I had to pay for the padded shipping box, but not the postage (I didn't mind)
  • I posted the drone at close of business mid week.
  • I heard nothing for 3 full business days. At 10am on the 4th business day after posting it, I received an email from DJI, acknowledging that they'd received the drone at their service centre.
    • This email listed everything I sent them (drone, battery, controller) and serial number associated with them.
  • At 3pm on the same day, DJI sent me an email saying they had started a 'damage assessment'.
  • At 8pm on the same day, DJI sent me the following email:
  • upload_2018-3-31_14-46-52.png
- as seen above, they determined that there was a Core Board Malfunction, which would be replaced for free. This was covered under warranty, with no excess payment required. Even though I paid for the DJI Care Refresh package, I did not need to use it.
  • On the 5th business day after posting it, they sent me an email saying repair had been completed
  • On the 6th business day, they sent me an email saying quality assurance had been completed.
  • This was followed by another email about 1 hour later saying the drone had been shipped to me (they listed the serial numbers of the drone, battery and controller they returned to me. They replaced my drone with a Refurbished drone. The serial number of the drone had changed. However, they returned the same controller and battery back to me (same serial number).
  • On the 10th business day after I sent it, I received my parcel. I shipped my drone to them in the original MP box: The MP box I received back from them had a different serial number on it - the same serial number as the refurbished MP they sent to me. The condition of the MP box they sent to me was poor to fair (the cardboard lid was torn in several places). They returned it to me with two additional plastic gimbal protectors and the grey rubber outer protector for the gimbal cover (I don't remember including either of them when I shipped it to them).
All in all, I'm a happy customer.
10 working days turnaround.
No probing interrogation about how the problem occurred.
Was fully covered under manufacturers warranty.
I now have a refurbished drone for no out-of-pocket expense

Condition of the refurbished drone: Very good condition externally - slightly better than the condition of the drone I sent them, which had a couple of scratches/bumps.

I can confirm that this refurbished drone turns on and connects with my old controller (same one I sent them)
I am yet to fly this refurbished drone, and will report back after a test run.

However, from this point I may just keep whatever firmware is on it and not try to update it for any reason....

Cheers,

Yannie

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-31_14-46-38.png
    upload_2018-3-31_14-46-38.png
    748.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: trriley5
Great news! Glad it played out in your favor!

The "Inconsistent Firmware" message can be something so simple as the battery wasnt updated (you threw in a different battery after you updated) and you just need to reflash. ie Battery is the old fw version and your AC is the new. Simple fix
Battery was not updated ?????? How?

Thought the post you quoted was clear enough but i guess not. Have a think about it. Your on an older firmware, you upgrade. After your done you swap battries. Battery you put in was not in there when up upgraded, so it on an older firmware and triggers the message.

No upgrade.. it is a new drone new batteries everything that came with it. So I go to use it and it won't upgrade to the new firmware. It may have been manufactured with old firm ware but why would it not upgrade? It is unusable right out of the box.

What are you on about? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the subject or ongoing discussion.

No upgrade.. it is a new drone new batteries everything that came with it. So I go to use it and it won't upgrade to the new firmware. It may have been manufactured with old firm ware but why would it not upgrade? It is unusable right out of the box.
dabellis
it may be beneficial to you and your problem to start your own post.
keep jumping into others without full info or explanation is not helpful to you or the guys that are trying to help.

Reactions: Kilrah
dabellis
it may be beneficial to you and your problem to start your own post.
keep jumping into others without full info or explanation is not helpful to you or the guys that are trying to help.
I'd like to know HOW to start a new post. I jumped I on this because I am unable to do a firmware upgrade on a new mavic pro. And it seems like others are having the same problem. Someone replied that I had to think about it.. if I am upgrading equipment then of course I can't do a firmware upgrade. I'm not updating my hardware. I'm simply trying to find out how to get my new drone out of the box airborne. The dji go 4 will not allow it. It keeps saying my firmware is out of date but it will not complete the update.

I'd like to know HOW to start a new post. I jumped I on this because I am unable to do a firmware upgrade on a new mavic pro. And it seems like others are having the same problem. Someone replied that I had to think about it.. if I am upgrading equipment then of course I can't do a firmware upgrade. I'm not updating my hardware. I'm simply trying to find out how to get my new drone out of the box airborne. The dji go 4 will not allow it. It keeps saying my firmware is out of date but it will not complete the update.
Go to the section relevant ie firmware/software discutions. Then top right you will see POST NEW THREAD

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31