DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE Help. LOST Mavic Enterprise Dual - PILOT APP

I wonder how many people reading here might be unscrupulous enough to do that, after going to the trouble of checking the maps / gps co ords in the thread ?
Anyone can read here of course.

I think it would be hilarious to go there, get it, and leave a snarky note and a "Cryptic" message how to get it back LOL. I would never do that unless I knew the person but it would be hilarious.

I think it would be hilarious to go there, get it, and leave a snarky note and a "Cryptic" message how to get it back LOL. I would never do that unless I knew the person but it would be hilarious.
You mean like “Don’t ignore battery level warnings in future”

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07

Hmm, would be a good practical joke on a friend, but you'd stress them out, I'm sure.
The OP would be like "I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you". ?

Reactions: sar104
Well, I guess if anything good has to come out of this it sure has made a good & interesting topic. From my stupidity and ignorance on display, to various people expressing their concerns, opinions & facts to the impressive, very talented individuals helping with maps, 3d videos, etc, to what could be a hilarious prank or a theft of a lost mavic, if only that darn Mavic would just come out from hiding and show it's broken wings....

Well, not all stories have a happy ending. But also not all stories have a bad ending either. Huh? Yep, turns out this will be a lost drone turned recovered drone success. You guys did it!!! We have found the Mavic.

First, I would like to apologize to all pilots for my childish, selfish flying habits. After seeing over 3 grand fly off into the abyss and realizing what could have happened would not only affect myself but could also cause problems for innocent property owners and/or unaware drivers below. I had no idea where this thing was going to land, what angle, how fast, etc. Every comment was dead on and as bad as it felt to read them, as angry as I wanted to get, truth is, I can only point the finger at myself, take full responsibility and try hard to learn from this.

Yes, I've had this same issue happen before. Yes I selfishly ignored things again only to have a negative end result. But honestly after I asked for help and witnessed an immediate response from several people in this discussion (whether it be needed constructive criticism, hope for the best wishes, tips and suggestions, or awesome tools made specifically for me to use to find this drone) that was what touched me the most. none of you know me but you were quick to be there to help lend a helping hand in the situation.

Don't get me wrong, it was a happy moment to see my drone lying next to an ole Georgia pine. However, to know we all are connected by something we love doing is one thing, but to know your fellow pilot, hobbyist or whatever you wanna call yourself has your back when you need it is priceless. Thank you so much for your help. I hope that one day I can pay this forward to someone in who is in need.

Sincerely, Chris Singletary

P.S. This is just my opinion or suggestion but wouldn't it make a nice continuance of this topic if we discussed the parameters around where we thought the drone would be found and why it was found at another location nearby? I can give you all the details on my end if anyone would like to respond to this. Also pics of crashed drone and location of where it was located at are being added shortly.

Just wanna say thanks...

The Editor
AMann
FlyDawg
MAvic_South_Oz
Meta4
Mav1c
BigA107
Slip
Mavic Mac
JAW
dar104
Gindra
Keule
kidroc

Attachments

• 1581459868270.jpg
    1581459868270.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • 1581460005494.jpg
    1581460005494.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • 20200211_123025.jpg
    20200211_123025.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 20200211_123053.jpg
    20200211_123053.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 20200211_123037.jpg
    20200211_123037.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20200211_171019.jpg
    20200211_171019.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 123
  • 20200211_171415.jpg
    20200211_171415.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
  • 20200211_171329.jpg
    20200211_171329.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 107
  • 20200211_171207.jpg
    20200211_171207.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 111
Yep, turns out this will be a lost drone turned recovered drone success. You guys did it!!! We have found the Mavic.

wouldn't it make a nice continuance of this topic if we discussed the parameters around where we thought the drone would be found and why it was found at another location nearby? I can give you all the details on my end if anyone would like to respond to this. Also pics of crashed drone and location of where it was located at are being added shortly.

Great result Chris, very glad you found it . . . I didn't see if you found it damaged or in ok condition, if it auto landed hopefully all ok ?

Yes !
sar104 and others always like to know where a drone was found, in relation to the recommended search area.
It helps for future search analysis.
So if you can post a GPS co ord, or a position on one of the maps pics in the thread, that would be great.

As far as the flight goes, and yes, justified criticism of your ignoring the basic telemetry / warnings . . . It is very common for most pilots to land at 20% to even 30% battery for safety, but obviously there are cases where a drone mission might be pushing the limits.
I have first battery alarm set for 40%, and critical to 25%, but always watching my battery % on the app through a flight anyway, and adjust distances when battery is getting lower.
Generally I'll try and fly out into the wind, and back with it, for the obvious safe flight benefits, but if a flight is the other way around, I will just get there quickly, do my filming, and head home flying low at at about 60% to allow a margin of safety.

If you ever get stuck again with such low battery, camera straight down and look for an identifiable place to land where you can recover from.

PS. just saw your update, thanks.

I am glad you got her back and hope you have Care refresh. You forgot to mention Slup and Sar104. These 2 gentleman always helping everybody when needed.

Reactions: chris010572
Fairly close, obviously that last unknown descent part was a bit out, only ~ 85m (280') away.

PErhaps wind ? Do you recall much at the flight altitude ?

Minimal damage, but you have and will care refresh it ?
Might be worth repairing in some cases.
Depends on other non visual damage.

Slup and Sar104

They were spelled incorrectly, but there in spirit.

@chris010572

Sooo glad you found it - saved me the 1200 mile trip to GA ?

Seriously glad you found it - bummer it crashed - hopefully you get a new one with the Care refresh

Just wanna say thanks...

The Editor
AMann
FlyDawg
MAvic_South_Oz
Meta4
Mav1c
BigA107
Slip
Mavic Mac
JAW
dar104
Gindra
Keule
kidroc

Glad to hear that you found it, although I'm surprised by the location - 95 meters from the last recorded point. The only explanation I can think of is that the uplink was still active and receiving stick inputs. Do you recall if you continued to do that after the downlink was lost?

1581467395763.jpeg

Glad to hear that you found it, although I'm surprised by the location - 95 meters from the last recorded point. The only explanation I can think of is that the uplink was still active and receiving stick inputs. Do you recall if you continued to do that after the downlink was lost?

View attachment 93701
I did keep pushing up on the controller and quite possibly pushing toward the west in Hope's of getting more toward the open field and away from the tall pines.

No more risky low battery flights for me. I'm gonna take MAvic_South_Oz's advice on that 40/25 warning.

P.S. will this site let me upload a short 2-3 minute video?
If so I can send the video I made when I located the seone that shows where it landed in comparison to where we thought it should be. Plus I can screenshot a short video of the flight record video toward the end. It shows a sharp right turn and then skips 100+ feet ahead. I think that is when it clipped a tree to and possibly broke a prop resulting in a drop towards where it was found.

Someone let me know if this length of video is allowed. If it isn't then I can upload then to Google drive and post a link on this site.

Thanks again everyone

I did keep pushing up on the controller and quite possibly pushing toward the west in Hope's of getting more toward the open field and away from the tall pines.

No more risky low battery flights for me. I'm gonna take MAvic_South_Oz's advice on that 40/25 warning.

P.S. will this site let me upload a short 2-3 minute video?
If so I can send the video I made when I located the seone that shows where it landed in comparison to where we thought it should be. Plus I can screenshot a short video of the flight record video toward the end. It shows a sharp right turn and then skips 100+ feet ahead. I think that is when it clipped a tree to and possibly broke a prop resulting in a drop towards where it was found.

Someone let me know if this length of video is allowed. If it isn't then I can upload then to Google drive and post a link on this site.

Thanks again everyone

You cannot upload videos - you will need to use the Google Drive option.

Weird. Watching the 3d simulation it shows much higher altitudes.
That's altitude AMSL.

The take off coordinates were at an altitude of approximately 177m (384 ft) AMSL.

Quick calculation:
730ft AMSL (displayed in 3D animation) - 384ft AMSL (Take off altitude) = 346ft AGL (relative to take off coordinates)

Reactions: Zeke
Well, I guess if anything good has to come out of this it sure has made a good & interesting topic. From my stupidity and ignorance on display, to various people expressing their concerns, opinions & facts to the impressive, very talented individuals helping with maps, 3d videos, etc, to what could be a hilarious prank or a theft of a lost mavic, if only that darn Mavic would just come out from hiding and show it's broken wings....

Well, not all stories have a happy ending. But also not all stories have a bad ending either. Huh? Yep, turns out this will be a lost drone turned recovered drone success. You guys did it!!! We have found the Mavic.

First, I would like to apologize to all pilots for my childish, selfish flying habits. After seeing over 3 grand fly off into the abyss and realizing what could have happened would not only affect myself but could also cause problems for innocent property owners and/or unaware drivers below. I had no idea where this thing was going to land, what angle, how fast, etc. Every comment was dead on and as bad as it felt to read them, as angry as I wanted to get, truth is, I can only point the finger at myself, take full responsibility and try hard to learn from this.

Yes, I've had this same issue happen before. Yes I selfishly ignored things again only to have a negative end result. But honestly after I asked for help and witnessed an immediate response from several people in this discussion (whether it be needed constructive criticism, hope for the best wishes, tips and suggestions, or awesome tools made specifically for me to use to find this drone) that was what touched me the most. none of you know me but you were quick to be there to help lend a helping hand in the situation.

Don't get me wrong, it was a happy moment to see my drone lying next to an ole Georgia pine. However, to know we all are connected by something we love doing is one thing, but to know your fellow pilot, hobbyist or whatever you wanna call yourself has your back when you need it is priceless. Thank you so much for your help. I hope that one day I can pay this forward to someone in who is in need.

Sincerely, Chris Singletary

P.S. This is just my opinion or suggestion but wouldn't it make a nice continuance of this topic if we discussed the parameters around where we thought the drone would be found and why it was found at another location nearby? I can give you all the details on my end if anyone would like to respond to this. Also pics of crashed drone and location of where it was located at are being added shortly.
Do you have a Brother named Daryl?

Pumped that you found it! If you kept hitting stick inputs you probably kept it in the air until 1-2% battery fighting the autoland. This could be why it drifted across the road and into a pine tree. I’m sure you were panicking at this point but if you had let it go in the field there most likely would have been a different outcome as far as damage. Hope you have refresh and again, very glad you found it. I would also look into State Farm insurance if it’s available in your state.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky