DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

please help. power on problem

itsphoto

Reactions
HI.
just got mavic pro and it was good till last night.
today tried to power on, 2 front red light on but no blinking light back at start backside. and also can't connect remort.
I tried relinking the Remote Controller.
I tried flipping the switch on the side to WiFi and then back to RC.
dji assistant 2 can't connect.

my drone startup video (no blinking light back at start backside)
and from other people

please help. Thanks

please someone help me

I don't think there is much that will help. It doesn't look like a fixable fault - in which case you will need to have it repaired or replaced.

@Thunderdrones - have you seen this particular failure mode before?

Reactions: Former Member
I don't think there is much that will help. It doesn't look like a fixable fault - in which case you will need to have it repaired or replaced.

@Thunderdrones - have you seen this particular failure mode before?

Yes I have seen it many times, but only when the core board has failed. Can you tell what color the rear LED is blinking after 21s in the 2nd video? If it's yellow, and the OP said he has already tried to bind it to the controller, and also tried to connect using DJIA2, it could represent a core board problem.

OP, has the drone:
  1. Gotten wet
  2. Recently been updated
  3. Overheated
is the fan working? After the last flight, or during an update, was the drone really hot to handle? I suspect that the fan might have failed causing the core board to overheat and have a thermal failure. What I do is wait for the bottom plate to get to 106°f and see if the fan kicks on. If it doesnt, I shut it down ASAP to avoid any further damage. If the OP doesnt have a temp gun, then wait 1-2 minutes after power up and listen for the drones cooling fan. If it doesnt come on, shut it down and then you will need to see why the fan failed, and possibly replace it, then troubleshoot further.

Thats my best guess.

Reactions: mnis
Firmware updates are always risky as you are effectively rewriting the code that operates the computer you call a drone. In the PC world you’d rarely update firmware unless there was a problem or update that offered something new. Even what used to be monthly Windows updates could cause problems.
It is always best to connect the drone to a PC/laptop/Mac running Assistant rather than flashing firmware via your mobile device.
Have you tried reflashing with the same firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark