DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POI Failure and near miss

swooshdave

Reactions
I had my first autonomous failure. I was doing a POI in tripod mode. I selected my bike and then in POI you just move the stick left in the direction it’s going to rotate around the selection. As you can clearly see when it gets to the other side of the bike it freaks out. It’s not responding to stick input from what I can tell. I think I managed to either mash the RTH button or tap the stop on the screen. Maybe both in the moments of panic. It doesn’t look scary on the video but it sure looked like it was going to ram the bike, despite having obstacle avoidance on. Latest firmware, etc.

Not sure, but I would think that you're too close to the ground and that the bottom sensors picked up the road at some point and tried to climb/alter course. Just like RTH has a minimum distance to travel (60' IIRC) before it's activated, I would think POI has a minimum altitude--but I'm just guessing.

Reactions: Mel 08
i think the point of interest cannot be that close. The software was likely tracking only part of the bike which became invisible once the drone was on the other side of the bike. You can try it again with the drone further away

i think the point of interest cannot be that close. The software was likely tracking only part of the bike which became invisible once the drone was on the other side of the bike. You can try it again with the drone further away

Regardless it shouldn't fly erratically if it's either too close or loses lock it should stop. It should never fly closer or farther away from it's current location.

I had my first autonomous failure. I was doing a POI in tripod mode. I selected my bike and then in POI you just move the stick left in the direction it’s going to rotate around the selection. As you can clearly see when it gets to the other side of the bike it freaks out. It’s not responding to stick input from what I can tell. I think I managed to either mash the RTH button or tap the stop on the screen. Maybe both in the moments of panic. It doesn’t look scary on the video but it sure looked like it was going to ram the bike, despite having obstacle avoidance on. Latest firmware, etc.

Maybe sensord picking up the road
Too low

I check out the forums occasionally. I just had my Koni dial a ride rebuilt. I put a Mikuni on a few years ago and best upgrade after electronic ignition! I have a 2014 BMW 1200GS and my primary ride with 85K miles now. Just ride the Norton locally. It's the haunted Norton! The last 4 owners died after selling it and I knew them all! Norton.jpg

Reactions: swooshdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54