DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of no return warning

lomposlapos

Reactions
Is there an "approaching the point of no return" warning available in M2P?
For example, aircraft approaching a point from where the remaining battery life would not be enough to return to the takeoff site.

There is already a warning that there MIGHT not have sufficient battery to return home. It's a bit more conservative and calculated to return to home point at around the critical level. It's never be 100% accurate, as it's presence of wind, wind speed and direction will affect the out come.

You get the message, that Auto RTH (if set) is going to be enabled in a few seconds, shortly before you reach this point, typically around 6 - 8 secs before, where you could also cancel it with a slide. I would consider that adequate. For earlier information, have the flight time line in upper part of DJI Go 4 in view. ;)

As @RayOZ pointed out, it's never 100 % accurate due to other facts of the environment, but it's quite good in guessing.
So don't cancel it as so many others, as you think, you will still have plenty of reserve as DJI certainly calculates it conservatively.

Also be aware that as battery remaining gets below 30-35% the discharge rate begins to accelerate and increase with time. That is to say that the flight time from 100% to 70% battery is much longer than from 30% to gone. Plan your flight actions accordingly.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Is there an "approaching the point of no return" warning available in M2P?
Yes there is.
Watch the battery life line near the top of the screen:
Early in the flight and close to home it will show a long green line with an approx time left number.
i-5cfZZ9H-L.png

As the battery level gets lower and/or you get further away from home, the time shown becomes less and the green line shrinks toward the H (for Home) and into the yellow and red warning zones.
i-tWD8pRk-L.jpg

Reactions: paulatkin73
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee