DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro filters have arrived !!

That is strange. Mine is nice and snug.
Same here tried the ND8 today. Flew about a half mile out over the ocean with the camera pointed straight down for some of the video and the filter stayed on just fine.

So what am I doing wrong here? I was just testing the fit and it's loose. The filter won't stay on. And it's on all the way.

Yeah, there's definitely something going on with your set. Those will never fit properly. Looks like you got a bad set. Do they all fit like that? Mine are very snug. So much that my flights today, which was my second time using them, I had a hard time getting it off. I only tried one today and it was very tight. I would be contacting them for a replacement set.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wondering if there was a rubber o-ring or coating on the inside that helps keep it on? I am waiting on mine to be delivered.

Just reach out to them, I am sure they will swap them out for you.

Here is a test fit of the ones I received. Did you get them cold or hot buy chance?

Both the Mavic and the filters are room temp. I can still put all 3 filters on and spin them around with a flick of my finger.

Wondering if there was a rubber o-ring or coating on the inside that helps keep it on? I am waiting on mine to be delivered.

Just reach out to them, I am sure they will swap them out for you.

I sent Polar Pro an email as soon as I discovered this issue.

The CP came with finger prints before I even opened the box. It's got a nice scratch right in the middle. The ND 16 had what looks like the glue running onto the lens.

Jeff from Polar Pros reached out immediately and is getting this resolved. Apparently the customer service at Polar Pros is a bit better than DJI. ha

Attachments

• IMG_4110.JPG
    IMG_4110.JPG
    967 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4116.JPG
    IMG_4116.JPG
    898.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Reactions: mikeroycollins
a7eb3d109b2d6ced93274dc8b090e808.jpg

Finally received the filters today . Can't wait to try them .now if only the rain would stop so I could fly. I'll post when I do .

I received my PolarPro Mavic filters yesterday but have yet to receive my Mavic ordered from B$H on 9/27 ...

Reactions: Parker
Yes if you want the best out of the camera you need the filters..

I have tried my Polar Pro filters and you do need to put them on after the gimbal initializes. That is how I did it, following the instructions but became aware that it is definitely necessary when I came in for a battery change and forgot about the filter being on. It can not initialize with the filter on. I even got an warning [emoji615]️ on screen about gimbal overload or something to that effect. So, you must remove and reapply the filter when powering down. Other than that, the filters fit very well and putting them on and removing them went very well. I haven't shot enough to compare the effects of them but for reducing light they are spot on in doing that correctly.

So definitely need to turn on the mavic before putting the filter?

It says to install after camera has initialised.

I ordered the PGY ones that can be initialised with filters installed. I hope the optics is as good as the PolarPros (considering they are half price).

The discussion below is to turn first the mavic before putting the filter, yours can put first before turning on the mavic. I am confuse now. Hehehe.

This is not true. ND filters are there to slow down the shutter speed for 'the 24fps cinematic' motion blur.
If you are just a hobbyist, then the auto setting is still brilliant to the average Joe.
Most people don't even know the difference between 30 and 60 fps.
Good post, even top quality ones will also degrade your image to some extent too.
They are useful if you know what you are doing.
Recommending them as if all but essential and guaranteed to make your video look better is just plain wrong.

Recommending them as if all but essential and guaranteed to make your video look better is just plain wrong.
The best video probably is probably video where there you can properly expose the shot using the appropriate shutter speed without the aid of a filter. For me that is near sunset and sunrise.. anything after that you need a filter to properly expose the shot. Just my .02

where can I get a clear glass filter for the Mavic just for protecting the lens from damage during flight, maybe it is not really called a filter.

like the UV or skylight filter used on still cameras.

Last edited:
thanks msinger, I will need the full set so will look into these, did not realize it came with the UV filter, still waiting for my Mavic to arrive, but doing a lot of reading the manual.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929