DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND Filters - Porto Santo Island

iocassieopia

Reactions

My first attempt at making video with my Mavic Pro.
Shot this whilst on holiday in Porto Santo, Portugal last month.
Used the fantastic Polar Pro ND32 filter for nearly all this footage

Enjoy!
Comments welcome

Reactions: PT_Mavic
that video has wow all over it....i cast it onto big tv for the family to watch....you certainly have the skills....very impressive....

Loved the video. Thanks for posting. I have a couple of questions. Porto Santo is on my list of places to visit but which hotel was that please?

I'm a struggling newbie with the MP. Can I ask what camera settings you are using.?

Loved the video. Thanks for posting. I have a couple of questions. Porto Santo is on my list of places to visit but which hotel was that please?

I'm a struggling newbie with the MP. Can I ask what camera settings you are using.?

Thanks man.
Porto Santo is a hidden gem of an island. It's so small that the huge amazing beach never gets too busy. I highly recommend a visit. It's quiet though, a relaxing sit by the pool swigging cocktails type holiday.

As for the Mavic, I'm a bit of a noob myself to be honest, but I shot this video in D-Log, I used the Polar Pro ND32 filter to get my shutter speed down to around 50 - 60fps and obviously shot in manual camera settings to stop any shifts in exposure during shooting.

I colour graded the footage in Final Cut pro, and just tweaked the contrast, exposure, highlights/shadows etc
Thats about it really

The key to success seems to be the ND filters. Without them the sea would have looked horrible.

Thanks. I live on the mainland so know the island but have not managed to get across there yet. One day.

I am using the Polar Pros but cannot seem to get the correct settings for decent colouration. Work in progress.

Thanks. I live on the mainland so know the island but have not managed to get across there yet. One day.

I am using the Polar Pros but cannot seem to get the correct settings for decent colouration. Work in progress.

Using D-Log you get a really flat image, but with a nice dynamic range. If you use Final Cut, DM me and I'll send you a LUT for coloration of the D-Log files

Reactions: Jetlagged787
Thanks for the offer. I'm OK with the flying, but all these camera settings are new to me. I'm normally a point and shoot in full auto kind of guy. There is plenty of learning to come and when I get as advanced as you, I'll v=certainly be back to take you up on the offer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quakzopas