DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polarpro cinema series, or rt taco?

That is absolutely true and I mentioned before that Jeff's attitude is outstanding.

I wish they found a better in-house solution. Oil, grease, cutting stuff sounds too much like makeshift, on the fly (no pun intended) solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I just got my Cinema series from PolarPro. The fit is perfect, and they are very light weight high quality filters.

Record amount of snow and cold has me mostly grounded, indoor testing looks great!

Had my PolarPro Cinema Series for a week now. Nice product that does the job. Had to replace the ND8 because of a crack and received the replacement in a couple of days. Thumbs up on the PolarPro Mavic case too. Top quality case. Customer service before and after purchase is top notch. Thanks PolarPro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using MavicPilots mobile app

PSA: I checked these out on amazon and was alarmed about how poor the reviews were. Amazon.com : PolarPro DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack (CP, ND8, ND16 Filters) : Camera & Photo

Many reviewers are complaining about the old versions which required you to mount the overly tight (despite Jeff's upbeat-ly dismissive responses) on a live gimbal which is simply idiotic design. I am distrustful of a company that would release such a product, but it seems they are the only game in town for CPs unfortunately.

Reactions: PolarPro
Hey Guys,
Here is a quick video that should help you remove your filters easily.
1. Turn the Mavic over
2. Support the camera with your left hand, and remove the filter with the pads of your fingers.

The Videos captured should be well worth learning the new process:
A few shots I captured while testing these filters:

Jeff

Just stunning footage!

Reactions: PolarPro
Has anyone received the official DJI filters yet? Curious what they are like as they seem to have a very minimalist design

After watching a few videos and reading reviews, I ordered the Taco RC ND filters. They arrived today. Definitely a quality product for the price, the fit to the camera is perfect. Snug but not too tight. Definitely a must to capture quality videos with this camera being a constant f/2.8.

0ba07708983b46be089482274ddca448.jpg
9a43f59da79de141dcbe87773a75308e.jpg
494488d21f75c15caa878b24330dcb4a.jpg
919adcda397966119976ff45e05e3e72.jpg

My Taco RC filter arrived today and the are very good quality and fit.. Just need snow or sunshine now to test them lol

All of our filters can be installed before gimbal initialization too :)
-Jeff

This is NOT TRUE.
I'm very disappointed with my six pack PolarPro Standard Filters.
It is too heavy, too tight, but the worst part: if you install it with the Mavic off, the gimbal will throw an error when starting up/calibrating.
Even the PolarPro website state that you should install the filter after startup (link bellow).
Problem is to install after starting up you have to force the gimbal in one specific position.
The explanation from PolarPro is not related to the weight of the filter, but some kind of interference (not specified) when the gimbal starts up.
For me this is CLEARLY a design flop and PolarPro should recall this product.
By the way, that's probably why they launch the cinema line soon after.
I already tried to contact David at PolarPro, but get no response.

DJI Mavic Filter Professional 6-Pack

Last edited:
Reactions: SkeeterHarris
This is NOT TRUE.
I'm very disappointed with my six pack PolarPro Standard Filters.
It is too heavy, too tight, but the worst part: if you install it with the Mavic off, the gimbal will throw an error when starting up/calibrating.
Even the PolarPro website state that you should install the filter after startup (link bellow).
Problem is to install after starting up you have to force the gimbal in one specific position.
The explanation from PolarPro is not related to the weight of the filter, but some kind of interference (not specified) when the gimbal starts up.
For me this is CLEARLY a design flop and PolarPro should recall this product.
By the way, that's probably why they launch the cinema line soon after.
I already tried to contact David at PolarPro, but get no response.

DJI Mavic Filter Professional 6-Pack

Have you contacted them? I'm certain they will trade them out as they have done it for many users here. They fixed the startup issues with the new series.

Have you contacted them? I'm certain they will trade them out as they have done it for many users here. They fixed the startup issues with the new series.

I did contact the email provided here.
No answer.

I ordered the early PolarPro Mavic filters in December knowing full well they could only be installed AFTER initialisation. It didn't bother me to have to do this, it is what it is. I wanted them so I ordered them, and they arrived very quickly to me in New Zealand. I used them extensively on a trip away and they worked as I expected them to.
I emailed PolarPro the other day to see what the process was to upgrade to the new Cinema Series filters. I have received an email from PolarPro saying they have refunded in full including shipping the purchase price. That is beyond excellent customer service!
I am just about to order this new set which they have a 10% discount on at the moment. As I live on the other side of the world they do not want me to ship the original set back. So I will have these as a spare set now.
To say that I am totally happy with the products and service is an understatement. Well done PolarPro team.

Hey Guys,
Here is a quick video that should help you remove your filters easily.
1. Turn the Mavic over
2. Support the camera with your left hand, and remove the filter with the pads of your fingers.

The Videos captured should be well worth learning the new process:
A few shots I captured while testing these filters:

Jeff

It probably would be easier if you left the gimbal lock on while applying the filter

You could put a little bit of multi-oil on the inside of the filter, but be very careful not to get it on the lens.

Also try using the pads of your fingers, not your finger-tips :)
As long as you support your gimbal with your left hand, there is minimal force being applied to it.

It does take some getting used to, but if you actually give it a try for awhile it will become second nature.

-Jeff

Use gimbal lock to apply as well. Excellent advice Jeff

My experience has been the same. I have no trouble removing the Freewell/PGYTECH/TACO-RC filters.
I just ordered filters from Freewheel. Tell me about your experience when you've had a chance to try them out for quality.
I ordered the cp. 3 pa., the nd1000 [luv the idea of waterfalls] and the colored bl. gr. or. [for the upcoming Solar Eclipse Aug. 21]
Thanks Jerry

My Taco RC filter arrived today and the are very good quality and fit.. Just need snow or sunshine now to test them lol
In the UK taco filters are a no brainer.. £49 for the 5 set from amazon as apposed to $79.99 for the PP 3 set and then get stung with import and customs duties at the same time. There are a few UK stockists but they have no stock and then they want £79.99 which is just daylight robbery. Taco it is Thumbswayup

Reactions: mikee1554
I did contact the email provided here.
No answer.
If you have V1 we will be more than happy to get the updated version out immediately.
Our Customer Service team will be responding to your email shortly :)
-Jeff

You can always order direct from our site :)
Shipping + Duties into the UK is only $14.99 for these.
We also have the standard filter versions starting at $49.99 if you are shopping solely on price.
PolarPro | DJI Mavic Filters

Let me know if you have any questions on the,

Jeff
I wish it was that easy but you also get hit with a customs VAT charge and post office "management" fee on top! almost end up paying double, it's ludicrous!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom