DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Flight Deck vs. Mavmount 3.0?

the Arca system is the QD base system the head uses. the nice thing about it is that it's an industry standard, so you can mix and match clamps, QDs, plates etc and they will all fit. I'm going to machine a CS base with the reverse dovetail integral to it, which is one less part to align, one less fastener, one less tapped hole etc.

http://warga.ca/ForumPostImages/Arca-Mounting-Plate-Dimensions-Diagram.gif

Sorry to be a pain with all the questions. I’m learning a lot and you’re a wealth of great info. My question is, why did you pick the hed ball mount and not just go with the Arca? Thx!!

the Arca plate just provides a quick-detach capability for the Crystalsky. the ballhead provides the elevation, tilt and rotation functions to position the monitor where you want it from a balance and viewability perspective.

there's no reason a QD head like this: SmallRig Quick Release Clamp and Plate ( Arca-type Compatible) 2144 could not be mounted on the perfectly capable ballhead that the Mavmount comes with, but I want to have access to some machine tools before I go there. plus making a Crystalsky mounting plate with the Arca base milled into it will keep it simpler, lighter and lower.

I bought the PolarPro Flight Deck. Sadly for me it was a little unwieldy to comfortably use. I would guess that the Mavmount would be also. I did use the FREE tablet holder that came with it. I placed it on my tripod (typical 1/4" tripod mounting) and wedged the CrystalSky (7.85) into it. The bottom of the tablet mount was holding the CrystalSky, but the top of the tablet mount could not grip the top of the CrystalSky because the battery was in the way, but did grip the CrystalSky battery on the back. It was enough to hold the CrystalSky securely.

My assessment: I found that I like the CrystalSky mounted on the tripod best. The Flight Deck may work for others, but not me - at least for now. I won't send it back, because I may use it in the future.

Whoa, the Crystalsky mounts directly to the Flight Deck.

yes, but unfortunately the quick disconnnect is very cramped and not easy to use, and the base does not fit a well as some of the other solutions out there into the RC arms. it's not bad, it just could have been better.

Does this look normal ?

The PP mount is upside down in this video. The small thumbscrew tightens to hold the CS mounting plate and tightens fully in les than one revolution and in a useable angle has plenty of clearance for my fat fingers. I was concerned about the fit into the controller also since the edge nearest the controller display did not engage the base of the PP mount (only the foldable arms) like it does with the DJI version and the Mavmount, but after a month it has proven to be a nonissue I own all 3, and have used them. The PP mount is the quickest up and down for me and folds smallest of the three withou disassembly. Just my $0.02

Thanks, what I am referring to is the play/movement on the joint even though thumbscrews are tight.

Thanks, what I am referring to is the play/movement on the joint even though thumbscrews are tight.
I have none. The teeth on the PP engage positively and the plate attached to the screen “base” tightens quickly and has never moved / loosened in my 5 weeks of use flying 3-4 times a week for > an hour at a time and changing locations of takeoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlStarke
send it back and buy something else. these are a disappointment on several levels.

We shall have our own likes and dislikes, as it should be. I respect that....Each to their own, of course.

hmm...

- the baseplate has no forward lip, so it's not stable in the RC arms
- the mounting stem is just screwed the baseplate, with one small screw, leading to flex
- the thumbscrews are small and not easy to adjust
- there's not enough vertical spacing between baseplate and CS mount
- the QD is very difficult to get to, and is about half the size it should be for stability and security
- the lanyard mount is in utterly the wrong place to balance the mount

such a shame, they could have been a good product.

My Flight Deck is very stable and has no issues as displayed. If it did as shown, I'd return it. As it stands now, I'm very happy with My Flight Deck and I'd purchase it again over any other product I've seen.

I just bought a 5.5" CS and a PolarPro Flightdeck. The Flightdeck is fantastic. Light, strong and has positive locks, no swivel, and it fits the CS perfectly. The Flightdeck also comes with a very nice tablet holder, if a tablet is the route you choose.

Reactions: Shaun5150
I just put an order in for the polar pro flight deck. I have used the MavMount in the past which I loved. I figured I would give the polar pro a try. Looks to be well-made has good reviews. We’ll see how it goes.

I just put an order in for the polar pro flight deck. I have used the MavMount in the past which I loved. I figured I would give the polar pro a try. Looks to be well-made has good reviews. We’ll see how it goes.
Have the MavMount and also the DJI mount for my CS. Since I got the PP it’s all I use when not flying with my SC. I think you’ll like it more. Be sure and get the PP cable for it.

Just received the flight deck today. I must say I am impressed. I was using the mavmount which I did love but I do have to admit the flight deck is much better and lighter. Even the packing is top notch. 6BD5A3A3-2047-4D97-B053-13BCCA37AAC0.jpeg

Attachments

• 7107E0BF-C26D-4DE4-B364-03EAC2E49925.jpeg
    7107E0BF-C26D-4DE4-B364-03EAC2E49925.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member