DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Activation successful or not?

Have you successfully activated your MA2?

• Total voters
ordered MA2 Fly More from DJI direct 5/16, delivered to Wisconsin from China on 5/22 at 10:30 am central...activated, updated and already have 12 flights logged with her as of 8 pm 5/22.
Zero issues or concerns...Thanks DJI !!

Reactions: Wild Wayne
I received my Air 2 today, activation and downloaded update no problems. Charged it up for about an hour and was ready to fly. My only problem is I thought with a SD card installed it would default to the card, it didn't. After about 15 minutes it switched to the SD card but I guess I needed to hit record again. No big deal. Lost signal and it seemed to have a problem returning to home but finally did, a little scary. 4k videos looks a lot better than my Karma drone. So far so good.

Be interesting to hear under what circumstances you lost signal, or how far away you were? I fly among some really tall trees here in Oregon and so far have not had a problem going above them and out a ways, but not to far.

I purchased two units, one from Apple and one from Adorama. The Adorama MA2 zipped through the firmware updates and the activation. It was relatively painless and zipped right through the setup. On the other hand, the one from Apple stalled upon the activation, even after repeated tries and attempted workarounds. Really frustrating as that one is the Fly More kit while the Adorama was just a basic purchase. I've given up and have requested a return.

I ordered one from Drone Works. I specifically asked them prior to ordering - if I have an activation problem, can I return to Drone Works for immediate replacement instead of dealing with DJI and China. They said absolutely, so I placed my order. 7-12 days until it arrives.

I’m another failed activation (bought from BB). Both phone and Chat support were horrible. It seems if the issue is serial numbers not being in the system it would be an easier and way more financially sound fix,to have customer support enter them manually,, then doing all these return/replacements. I messaged them the serial number label and asked them to do so but they didn’t seem to understand.

Reactions: Mel 08
Ordered from amazon. No problems at all even with amazon packing it with no filler to bounce around the box they put it in.

I got mine yesterday from Bestbuy. I got the Fly More Combo. The first thing I did was charge each battery individually as well as charge the remote. I then turned everything on and updated the firmware. Took a quick test flight and everything worked fine. I couldn't fly as much as I wanted due to rain setting in but I can tell I'm going to have fun with this one.

Ordered from Amazon. Will not bind. DJI said return. Seems like its not ready for prime time. Out of stock now of course.
You mean dji have messaged you
That's a very elite club you're in.
Best of luck.
My first one wouldn't activate either
2nd one fantastic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member