DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Activation successful or not?

Have you successfully activated your MA2?

• Total voters
Purchased from Apple Online Store, activation fails. Sent back to Apple this afternoon....hoping the replacement works better.

Seems the Apple Online Store is where many of the problem drones are coming from. I was thinking about ordering through Apple Online, too. If you bought a problem drone from the Apple Online Store, do you send it back to Apple or DJI? Is the return process a pain or easy?

Seems the Apple Online Store is where many of the problem drones are coming from. I was thinking about ordering through Apple Online, too. If you bought a problem drone from the Apple Online Store, do you send it back to Apple or DJI? Is the return process a pain or easy?
The return process was simple for me. I contacted them via their online support, they asked me to call an 1-800 number. The support person quickly addressed the issue and assigned an RMA and Pre-Paid FedEx label via email to send it back to Apple. Once they get it back, they send out a new unit. The hardest part for me was finding a manned Fedex Drop off. I had to use Walgreens and they were short-staffed, so it took a good 30 mins for someone to help me with the package drop off.

The return process was simple for me. I contacted them via their online support, they asked me to call an 1-800 number. The support person quickly addressed the issue and assigned an RMA and Pre-Paid FedEx label via email to send it back to Apple. Once they get it back, they send out a new unit. The hardest part for me was finding a manned Fedex Drop off. I had to use Walgreens and they were short-staffed, so it took a good 30 mins for someone to help me with the package drop off.
Thanks for the info. Is the replacement Air 2 shipped immediately, or not until they receive the return?

Thanks for the info. Is the replacement Air 2 shipped immediately, or not until they receive the return?
In my case shipping the replacement is listed as on hold until they receive the return.

Received mine from BestBuy today no activation issues at all I got the fly more combo not sure if that matters in the equation.

Just got mine powered up -- no problems.

Brian

SLC Utah

Just got my replacement and did not have any activation issues!

In case it helps anyone else, all I did was cross my fingers, close my eyes and spin around 3 times.
I did something similar lol

Just got my replacement and did not have any activation issues!

In case it helps anyone else, all I did was cross my fingers, close my eyes and spin around 3 times.
Did you update firmware before the activation?

i received my MA2 from Best Buy yesterday..was able to Activate and update software with no issues at all

I set up drone, remote controller straight from combo box, updated firmware in drone, controller and finally fly safe database, activated straight away and followed advice of charging batteries one at a time connecting directly to charger. Seemed ok but will know tomorrow on first real flight trip....fingers crossed.

Activated Air 2 today. Fly More Combo from Amazon. Did the activation (using my Samsung S10+5G), then the firmware update, then the fly safe update. Am probably not going to fly until tomorrow when my tablet mount gets here (iPad Mini) since that will be my usual setup (don't want to get comfortable with the Android phone and then have to relearn).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS