DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Activation successful or not?

Have you successfully activated your MA2?

• Total voters
Update: My replacement MA2 arrived last night from Apple, no issues this time, it activated right away and so far its behaving great! FWIW, I updated the firmware, AFTER I activated this time.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Did you update firmware before the activation?
No! The first time I updated first then tried to activate and got the activation error, so this time I activated and then updated. I'm not sure if they are related, but circumstantial evidence is starting to add up after reading some of these other posts.

Mine arrived from Heliguy today (UK) - activated fine. Hoping to test-fly tonight.

Picked it up yesterday at Best Buy. No problems getting it fired up thanks to this forum. So far loving it. Upgraded from the Mini, which I really enjoy flying when it is not too windy, but this thing is a beast.

By following the advice to charge the batteries one at a time directly (and not with the multicharger) - no problems with activation.

Received my MA2 today from Best Buy. Charged up sequentially on the multicharger, activated and upgraded firmware. No problems.

Bought this MA2 at Best Buy. Purchasing DJI Refresh took several unexpected detours to unrelated pages, but eventually circled back and the coverage was completed. Activation processed very smoothly.

Mine arrived today from Amazon. It activated immediately with no problems, then upgraded the firmware. I got the Fly More Combo and after I did a quick initial flight I swapped to another battery that had been on the charger and discovered that you have to update the firmware for each of the batteries. I'm a newbie and I was surprised by this.

Mine arrived today from Amazon. It activated immediately with no problems, then upgraded the firmware. I got the Fly More Combo and after I did a quick initial flight I swapped to another battery that had been on the charger and discovered that you have to update the firmware for each of the batteries. I'm a newbie and I was surprised by this.
Yep, that’s standard when the drone gets a FW update, each battery normally requires a matching FW update as well

No issues. Bought the fly more combo from Best Buy on 07/15 and charged the battery without the hub as some have suggested. Activation and initial firmware updates were fine.

It seems the activation issue has been resolved
Great news
Happy flying everyone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc