DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POLL: Have you powered on your Mavic with the gimbal lock attached?

Ever power on your Mavic with the gimbal lock attached?

• No. I always remember to remove the gimbal lock.

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Yes, and it did not cause any damage.

Votes: 416 91.0%
  • Yes, and it damaged the gimbal and I had to repair my Mavic.

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
one time about a year ago or more. Caught it quickly I was indoors no props intending to manage some set up stuff. Really caught my attention and have to date never done it again?.
Fortunately no harm everything working perfectly ever since.........sometimes you just get a break.
mikemoose55

Reactions: mnis
I have done it several times. Usually not when I am going flying but when I am powering up my MP for some reason such as adjusting some setting, updating firmware etc. When actually flying the checklist works.

I did it too many times and painted my cover RED. It's very obvious when you pick up the AC. No problems though.

I did it once or twice. It was when I first got the Mavic two pro. After that I started having gimbal issues up in the air. The picture would start to Shudder and shake and then I would get gimbal overload errors . I actually think the defect was from the factory but it made me think that it was because I left the gimbal cover on.

I bet I did at at least 50 times with my original Mavic Pro ? Never was an issue. With my new M2P I have a sweet new PolarPro guard that makes it hard to forget to take off View attachment 68344
Your really good, I only did it once then I bought these red rebbins!

Attachments

• 81VNzxVfftL._SL1500_.jpg
    81VNzxVfftL._SL1500_.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Rs4rocks and mnis
I've done it twice on my Mavic 2 Zoom when rushing through my pre-flight checklist, but at least a half-dozen times just powering up at home to check settings.

Did it for the "last time" this morning when I got distracted while setting up to program in some way points. I now have a velcro strap over the gimbal cover that is very visible next to the power button. Got it at Home Depot -- they come in various colors & are used for securing hoses, cords, etc.

I've been lucky so far without any known gimbal damage but I'm not going to push my luck any further!

Attachments

• 20190405_173832.jpg
    20190405_173832.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
I removed the gimbal lock almost 2 1/2 years ago when I got my brand new MP and it has never been used since then.
I have found no reason for it the way I travel with it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead