DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Restricted flight in Firmware .800

Are you ok with the new firmware flight restrictions?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The box u refer too just asks you to assume responsibillity for the flight but go one meter outside that zone and then back into it which i have to do here on the route i fly, which takes me into it, then out of it then back in to it, means i have to tick that box every few seconds as i am flying on the edge of the zone.

reminds me of my Gf yes yes, no no, not there, yes yes no i told you not there until u tick the box saying you are gonna buy me a new handbag oh yes i know its normally allowed but now i just decided to screw you instead of you screwing me.

That means i am ticking more boxes than i am watching the drone or the screen now i am allowed to fly there and i have ticked the boxes to say yes i can fly here and i assume responsibility, So why do i have to keep ticking the boxes ten times? how is that allowing me to fly safely? how am i supposed to keep the drone in sight when all i am doing is ticking boxes?

Yep, yep, yep a bit redundant reredududantdant

I personally dont care how cool the next DJI drone is. These idiots dont get the American way. We do not take kindly to anyone taking our hard earned money, then suckering us into downloading software which limits our freedom of choice and expression. I own 5 DJI drones and 40+ others. If DJI wants to get another American dollar out of me, then they will leave the Chinese way of doing things, out of the software they supply to my American Ars!

I hate that i am using this analogy, but its perfect case and point, SOOOO... . have you have heard about Pokemon GO lately? NO, atleast not in America you havent. Although this game was in my opinion the worst game ever created, it was a drastic success. That is until they updated the app to restrict their users from using the app while driving. Sound familiar? Within 1 week, most of our pokemon crazed population here in the US forgot how to spell pokemon! Take note DJI. Your not as bullet proof as your egotistical video spokes model tends to portray. DONT MESS WITH AMERICAN FREEDOMS!

Reactions: Rnl
I'm never ok with any law or regulation taking away or restricting my personal freedom, or where the government insinuates we cannot be entrusted to make responsible decisions. I understand some of our peers are incapable of such a herculean feat. Nonetheless, to tell everyone they can't fly here or there, or above this altitude, or over this location is an insult. Law X or regulation Y by its very existence punishes even the most experienced and safe pilots by essentially saying since pilot slapnuts here flew into crowd at night during cloudy/windy conditions, we are taking away your choices to decide for yourselves, and taking the choice away completely. After a DUI fatality do we remove everyone's right to drive, or ban alcohol? No, we've stiffened the punishment for those who drink and drive; why can't we learn from past mistakes elsewhere. You can't legislate the stupidity out of society, but you can make being stupid an extremely expensive character trait.
If we want safer flying, it comes through discussion, practice, collaboration between pilots, and making an example of those doing the wrong thing. We need more experienced pilots excited to work with novices, and novices who are not afraid to admit they have a lot to learn. Forum like this help, as novices can find answers without feeling embarrassed. This is where experts can share specific techniques and tips on how they accomplished difficult maneuvers and the pitfalls they encountered. Give those beginning pilots the tools they need to learn difficult maneuvers, instead of condescending comments about how they shouldn't try it without more experience. Make them aware of the consequences should they fail, but give them the knowledge on the proper methods. We need to police our own...
More government is NEVER the answer.

By that reasoning, it's ok for me to go out and get so drunk I can't see straight or walk but I want to get in my car and drive? It's my personal freedom shouldn't I be able to go out and kill people with my car?

By that reasoning, it's ok for me to go out and get so drunk I can't see straight or walk but I want to get in my car and drive? It's my personal freedom shouldn't I be able to go out and kill people with my car?
There is a difference between being drunk and endangering lives by driving drunk, you will almost certainly encounter other drivers on the road, flying out of line of sight you in the middle of no where you might not see another human being for miles and miles. But I would agree doing something stupid like flying super close to an airport could be just as dangerous as drinking and driving.

There is a difference between being drunk and endangering lives by driving drunk, you will almost certainly encounter other drivers on the road, flying out of line of sight you in the middle of no where you might not see another human being for miles and miles. But I would agree doing something stupid like flying super close to an airport could be just as dangerous as drinking and driving.
I agree with you, my point was that we can't do as we please and say it's our personal freedom. Everyone has rules that we have to obey if we like them or not. I'm sure everyone has seem or heard of the incredibly dumb things people in this and all hobbies have done.

Now I know why my drone crashed. I was in the Flushing Meadows Park, one of the few places in NYC where it is permitted. After pressing the home button, the drone acted as if it had a mind of its own and smacked into a tree. I regret having spent $1000 on a piece of electronics that ended up being so worthless to me.
Please tell me that you read what you typed before you hit the send button. Sounds like 100% pilot error. "After pressing the home button, the drone acted as if it had a mind of its own..."

I live in Staten Island NY, we have huge limit for flying. But it's still some areas to fly.
Yesterday I was flying over the lake, and software just showed me that I entered nfz
Without giving me a choice it start landing my drone directly into the water. 20 seconds and the Mavic pro is underwater. Can anyone give me advice for the future, what needs to be done to avoid situation like this?
Any advice would be fine.
Also we had a temporary restrictions on flying but I was able to get waiver but
It still didn't help to land it on the ground.
Thank you.
hit sport mode and go up - sport mode always stops any automated mode and has saved me many times

Reactions: CoolBreeze
I personally dont care how cool the next DJI drone is. These idiots dont get the American way. We do not take kindly to anyone taking our hard earned money, then suckering us into downloading software which limits our freedom of choice and expression. I own 5 DJI drones and 40+ others. If DJI wants to get another American dollar out of me, then they will leave the Chinese way of doing things, out of the software they supply to my American Ars!

I hate that i am using this analogy, but its perfect case and point, SOOOO... . have you have heard about Pokemon GO lately? NO, atleast not in America you havent. Although this game was in my opinion the worst game ever created, it was a drastic success. That is until they updated the app to restrict their users from using the app while driving. Sound familiar? Within 1 week, most of our pokemon crazed population here in the US forgot how to spell pokemon! Take note DJI. Your not as bullet proof as your egotistical video spokes model tends to portray. DONT MESS WITH AMERICAN FREEDOMS!
This is a sidetrack but ... Pokemon GO's decline had nothing to do with the driving restrictions. Launched in July 2016, it peaked at 28.5 million users within 2 weeks, then immediately started to decline.
July 13: 28.5 M
July 27: 21 M
Aug 12: 15 M
Aug 24: 11 M
Sep 9: 10 M
Sep 25: 9 M
Oct 7: 7 M
Oct 17: Pokemon GO restricts from play while driving
Oct 27: 9 M
Nov 16: 7 M
Dec 30: 7 M

The driving restriction did absolutely nothing to the game's popularity. And in that aspect, you're probably right. This is a perfect analogy. DJI's restrictions will probably do nothing to DJI's sales.

This is a sidetrack but ... Pokemon GO's decline had nothing to do with the driving restrictions. Launched in July 2016, it peaked at 28.5 million users within 2 weeks, then immediately started to decline.
July 13: 28.5 M
July 27: 21 M
Aug 12: 15 M
Aug 24: 11 M
Sep 9: 10 M
Sep 25: 9 M
Oct 7: 7 M
Oct 17: Pokemon GO restricts from play while driving
Oct 27: 9 M
Nov 16: 7 M
Dec 30: 7 M

The driving restriction did absolutely nothing to the game's popularity. And in that aspect, you're probably right. This is a perfect analogy. DJI's restrictions will probably do nothing to DJI's sales.

lol, nice one man. no relevance to a $1600 flying machine tho.
when Ford car company starts updating peoples cars during a routine service to cap the speed to 70-80mph (or what ever the highest legal limit) because lets face it no one can legally go faster, lets see how the sales stats will go.

i have to say i loved my Mavic now i rarely fly it, i will not give up drones and in Thailand i can still fly where i want but my inspire order is cancelled and i am happy to wait around until something does come along to compete with DJi and is less restrictive. If it does not come along, well the Mavic will fly when it allows me.

when i travel it will come and still sits in the car boot but hardly comes out now.

DJI do own the market and luckily for me i do not have to rely on them for my work. I do agree no one should be flying around airports, that is a given but the restrictions now are way beyond what i think is sensible.

I would be happy to even have to be licensed to fly i have no problem with that. I do have a problem with DJI and how they are handling this.

i actually miss flying the drone a lot and although i still have my DSLR to play wit it is not the same by a long way.

I may be going the whole NFZ MOD route soon if DJI do not get their act together. As i am sure many others are considering. That does not make me an unsafe pilot it makes me one who has to actually consider my responsibilities more seriously, which i like to do. I do not like someone taking away the whole thinking process around flying.

I also do not like the thought of my drone losing connection at the edge of a NFZ and it hovering there like a flying brick.

i am on older FW but the new app is controlling far more than just your interaction with the drone.

i have not tried Litchi yet but i soon will and hope this NFZ stuff is not embedded in that too. Failing that i will bring my Iphone over from Thailand which has the old GO 4 App on it and see if that works as it did before.

i dont really want to go android and APK but i do have an old S6 with a go app on too (those high wind warnings though are as bad as the Tick boxes every 5 seconds on the new NFZ).

Failing that it will be the NFZ MOD and if you wanna tell me i am a terrible person for that go ahead.

different ways different days same end goal to fly responsibly and safely without being shut down so far that owning a drone becomes a back garden piece of junk.

Common sense has been lost in the mayhem of fighting as drones become ever more progressive. Especially in the case of DJI.

If there was someone near me who could flash me back to 0400 and get me an older version app on my iphone 7plus it would be worth 200 dollars

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661