DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll Should Hobbyists & Commercial Pilots Be permitted to fly over Crowds

Permitted to operate over crowds

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you took that too literal. But if a person gets hit while crossing the street they do bear some responsibility. Look for cars!
I am not aware of many cases where a drone “fell” and hit anyone. I think maybe there is one time I have heard of? There has been some cases where people have flown directly into people by mistake because they lost control flying beyond their skill level. All down to dont fly around people again.
But I stand by my comments. Many more people are killed and injured by manned aircraft than with drones. It has to be more that 1000 to 1 more common. So maybe all the crying safety should be done on a Cessna forum?

Maybe you took that too literal. But if a person gets hit while crossing the street they do bear some responsibility. Look for cars!
I am not aware of many cases where a drone “fell” and hit anyone. I think maybe there is one time I have heard of? There has been some cases where people have flown directly into people by mistake because they lost control flying beyond their skill level. All down to dont fly around people again.
But I stand by my comments. Many more people are killed and injured by manned aircraft than with drones. It has to be more that 1000 to 1 more common. So maybe all the crying safety should be done on a Cessna forum?
No, flying drones over people is an accident waiting to happen if there's no safety chute, etc. Who cares if more people are injured or killed by manned craft? Does that mean we just add more unnecessary risks to injury or death just because a bunch of people want better coverage of some event and it only a few more people will suffer the consequences?
Apparently this debate is becoming a moot point though since they'll be allowed with the proper safety gear and waiver or whatever, moving the risk to an acceptable level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim.slamma
anything is possible but is it probable, that being said, a drone dropping from the sky is what chicken little might say," THE SKY IS FALLING
Not sure what your point is, drones drop out of the sky frequently enough. Look up the drone that fell during the Olympics a few years ago. It almost clobbered a skier. It was big enough to cause some serious damage.

Full sized manned airplanes fly over populated areas every day, and we all know that they sometimes fall.
But because risk is low, they are allowed to fly over cities.
There's no need to make a conversation about what happens IF a Boeing 747 hits people.

The risk with drones is very very smaller.
Drones (at least those with GPS built-in) don't fall regularly, and if they fall, it's unlikely to hit people, because of their little size.
In the (rare) case they will hit a person, the possibility for this being fatal is almost zero.

So, as our modern lives depend on possibilities and risks, I would say that commercial drones could fly over crowds as other commercial (or not) flying machines do.

For hobbyists, I would say not to fly over crowds, because the user's ability is not guaranteed, and because in most cases the injury risk is not covered.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Not sure what your point is, drones drop out of the sky frequently enough. Look up the drone that fell during the Olympics a few years ago. It almost clobbered a skier. It was big enough to cause some serious damage. U R THE ONE THAT USES NO COMMON SENSE. U QUOTE THAT DRONES FALL FROM THE SKY WITHOUT EVIDENCE TO BACK THIS SUBJECTIVE PERSONAL OPINION. HERE'S AN ALLEGATION WITHOUT EVIDENCE, IT WAS U WHO WAS THE CAUSE OF GATWICK AIRPORT CLOSURE BECAUSE I SAW U FLYING A DRONE. GET REAL- WAKE UP AND STOP THIS NON-SENSE

IMG_9413.png

Reactions: Trolleydodger
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98