DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polls on whether you recommend FW .700

Is .700 a solid Firmware for you..

• .700 is good, will recommend pilots to try it

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • .700 is crap. Recommend users to wait.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Nothing good, nothing bad noticed on .700... Indifferent

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Cerberus

Reactions
PLease leave your poll as per subject..

if you have good words on it, you can leave your opinion on why you think so behind so other pilots can judge for themselves on your words..

same with those who think .700 is crap..

personally, with the strong signal strength and Fixed wing mode and so far so good with no problems (touch wood touch wood) on .700... I would recommend pilots to give it a go..

p.s :- questions for those in the nay...

1) when upgrading to .700, did you encounter any hitch or hiccups during the process?

2) have you encountered the same problems before in any previous FW?

3) when did you receive your Mavic when you bought it?

4) You upgraded your firmware using DJI Go 4 or DJI assistant 2?

5) this is all the questions I can think of for now, if any of you think there is more questions you would like, let me know.. thanks

Last edited:
I'm gonna add some question for those who thinks .700 is not worth it for now...

PLease leave your poll as per subject..

if you have good words on it, you can leave your opinion on why you think so behind so other pilots can judge for themselves on your words..

same with those who think .700 is crap..

personally, with the strong signal strength and Fixed wing mode and so far so good with no problems (touch wood touch wood) on .700... I would recommend pilots to give it a go..

p.s :- questions for those in the nay...

1) when upgrading to .700, did you encounter any hitch or hiccups during the process?

2) have you encountered the same problems before in any previous FW?

3) when did you receive your Mavic when you bought it?

4) this is all the questions I can think of for now, if any of you think there is more questions you would like, let me know.. thanks
1. Nope. Installation completed in 5 minutes.
2. I noticed gimbal stability issues in .600 and other glitches in .500 and .550. I haven't noticed these issues in .700
3. I received mine on December 29, 2016
4. See my post above.

1. Nope. Installation completed in 5 minutes.
2. I noticed gimbal stability issues in .600 and other glitches in .500 and .550. I haven't noticed these issues in .700
3. I received mine on December 29, 2016
4. See my post above.

I think i was referring these questions to those who have issues with .700, ... hehe

This penguin jumped right in the water and installed 0700 with no hitches. The rest of you can stay on the ice floe and wait for polar bears if you want :)

I think there are only two choices.
Use .400 if you don't want to have NFZ issues or go to .700 if that is not a problem. All the other versions seem to be a crap shoot.

Rob

I see three people voting that .700 should not be used... Can this three person kindly fill my answers..

I think it seems pointless to you guys but I'm just trying to scratch this itchy feeling in my gut..
thanks..

I see three people voting that .700 should not be used... Can this three person kindly fill my answers..

I think it seems pointless to you guys but I'm just trying to scratch this itchy feeling in my gut..
thanks..

It's probably three people that crashed their drone after the update and are now blaming the update :rolleyes:

It's probably three people that crashed their drone after the update and are now blaming the update :rolleyes:

Oh I wouldn't doubt that..

But I am interested in trying to pinpoint why some firmware works great for some and yet causes massive issues for others..
so would be great if they can help out in this (fruitless?) attempt of mine..

Tested . 700 and no issues so far. Will do full test tomorrow on all flight modes.
But so far RTH and Tripod are fine. Stability is still excellent and indoor still good on sensors. No NFZ has shown on screen as yet.
On Android Galaxy S5 International running Marshmallow 6.0.1

Last edited:
Reactions: Cerberus
There should be an option to vote for "Indifferent". I loaded it, and found no issues. I also found no benefits. Nothing is more stable, nothing is better. I just don't have to look at the nagging firmware prompt anymore. So really, it doesn't matter. At least, not in my experience.

EDIT: I should be clear... I didn't have any issues before, either.

Reactions: Cerberus
There should be an option to vote for "Indifferent". I loaded it, and found no issues. I also found no benefits. Nothing is more stable, nothing is better. I just don't have to look at the nagging firmware prompt anymore. So really, it doesn't matter. At least, not in my experience.

why not? I'll add it to the polls..

Reactions: Fadelight

What previous FW were you on.Im on .600 with no known issues but only 10 flights so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich