DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

poor quality video on youtube/vimeo

tonyb

Reactions
all the video I upload to youtube/vimeo is blurry, anything but clear and sharp. I do know that the actual video is very clear and sharp when I edit. Any suggestions?

Are you waiting an hour or two to watch it? I don't know about Vimeo, but Youtube will generally post a low-res version of your video while it's working on processing the higher res version. If you go back to it later, you'll find it looks much better.

Thanks Jack, Unfortunately, most of my videos are still blurred after hours, days and months. I shoot in 4k with my Mavic 2 and go pro. The blurry videos have only a 144p quality and not higher, other videos auto onto 360 p and up to HD. It is a bit confusing. I'm sure it is something I am not doing/or doing in post because I get the same result Vimeo

Thanks Jack, Unfortunately, most of my videos are still blurred after hours, days and months. I shoot in 4k with my Mavic 2 and go pro. The blurry videos have only a 144p quality and not higher, other videos auto onto 360 p and up to HD. It is a bit confusing. I'm sure it is something I am not doing/or doing in post because I get the same result Vimeo

Are you using any editing software? Sometimes this can be an effect of the video codec, or you could be down-rezing your videos in your editor.

You might check the project setting in your video editor, and make sure they match the settings here:
Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help

EDIT I'm trying to pay more attention to this myself, I have some very muddy videos up on my channel :)

What quality options does youtube give you when you click the setup icon on the video?
They will sometimes select a very low quality to send you for no apparent reason, and not related to the quality of the file you uploaded in the first place.

I am using Cyberlink Director 16 and it will upload to youtube/vimeo after editing. I am not given a choice of options, at least not that I am aware of.

I mean when you view the video on Youtube - the little cog icon bottom right that lets you choose the quality. Youtube does not show the actual video file you uploaded, they process it into a load of different quality versions so that they can sent a lower quality version if someone's internet isn't very good. Even the highest definition is processed from what you send.

So I was wondering if you were being shown a low-rez version due to a poor internet connection.

That could very well be a problem. You are referring to the video quality setting in the lower right corner? Although, most of the video I view with youtube/vimeo from others such as on the forum are clear and concise. My videos are blurry even when I view them on the youtube channel let alone upload them elsewhere.

When rendering your video I would choose the option to save to hard disk rather than direct upload to YouTube. Then you can check the quality before YouTube gets involved.

I am using Cyberlink Director 16 and it will upload to youtube/vimeo after editing. I am not given a choice of options, at least not that I am aware of.
Produce as a local output file to the resolution and bandwidth you want, and then upload post production.

When rendering your video I would choose the option to save to hard disk rather than direct upload to YouTube. Then you can check the quality before YouTube gets involved.

I do save it to hard drive and make a dvd disk and the video is very good

I would expect the editing software to have s suitable rendering/export preset for youtube (which isn't 144p even for dialup connection that would be low!)
Make sure the list you can select from isn't scrollable, even the 1080p YT output should look OK if there is no 4K option.
As above, you can render at maximum quality to hard drive, but file sizes will be larger than really needed to upload. If your connection is fast it might not matter too much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan