DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to view internal temps?

lalojamesliz

Reactions
I just got my mini 3 and also just found out about they can overheat during flight and force land.

I'm not trying to lose my mini because it lands somewhere I can't get it back from or lands in someone's back yard and someone gets hurt or it damages something.

Is it possible to view the internal temps? I hope they make a firmware update so it can display a small bar graph or something to show when approaching the overheating temp. If this hasn't been done already....

I just got my mini 3 and also just found out about they can overheat during flight and force land.

I'm not trying to lose my mini because it lands somewhere I can't get it back from or lands in someone's back yard and someone gets hurt or it damages something.

Is it possible to view the internal temps? I hope they make a firmware update so it can display a small bar graph or something to show when approaching the overheating temp. If this hasn't been done already....
shouldn't happen in flight

Unless you're flying in extreme temps to begin with, you could see an over heat msg in the fly app. If you respond to that msg, by bringing your drone back and landing, you'll be fine.

The only time I've seen that msg is in videos where they are not flying and there is no air moving through the drone to keep it cool.

However, if your flying in average temps, 70's and 80's, you'll be fine, perhaps even low 90's, but the warmer the ambient temp, chances do increase that you might see a temp msg, to which you should respond to right away and not keep flying, fly home, or to a safe landing spot and recover your mini.

Drones (Mini 3 Pros) are not falling from the sky due to overheating 🥵

Of the literally tens of thousands already out there…show me the concrete numbers where they’re coming down from the sky from overheating. These sub 250 gram birds already have enough technology stuffed in them to keep them hot enough when operating, but, maybe a redundant add on that will display how hot your running may be the straw that really brings them down.

No argument they do heat up when stationary when having a firmware upgrade or when setting parameters…but, a large number of owners, including myself will run small fans in front of them as a safe sure. They are pretty resilient drones regarding the hot environments. Some of our forum members (desert folk) have pushed their drones in 110 F temps with no problems with over temp…that’s pushing it. One important thing is to keep your air vents free of decals, Velcro, and any other items that may interfere with air flow.

Personally, I feel it’s extreme cold 🥶 that you should be aware of. It can suck a battery dry pretty fast. IMO and observations…I don’t see any Mini 3 Pros falling from the sky🐓.
🇨🇦👍

Unless you're flying in extreme temps to begin with, you could see an over heat msg in the fly app. If you respond to that msg, by bringing your drone back and landing, you'll be fine.

The only time I've seen that msg is in videos where they are not flying and there is no air moving through the drone to keep it cool.

However, if your flying in average temps, 70's and 80's, you'll be fine, perhaps even low 90's, but the warmer the ambient temp, chances do increase that you might see a temp msg, to which you should respond to right away and not keep flying, fly home, or to a safe landing spot and recover your mini.

So on the dji forum, the people that said it's happened to them said it just suddenly said it's overheating and it force lands and you have no control.

I think one guy said he was flying in warmer temps so I can understand that but I don't remember the others.

Luckily temps are supposed to be in the mid 70's from now on according to the weather Channel app on my phone.

Drones (Mini 3 Pros) are not falling from the sky due to overheating 🥵

Of the literally tens of thousands already out there…show me the concrete numbers where they’re coming down from the sky from overheating. These sub 250 gram birds already have enough technology stuffed in them to keep them hot enough when operating, but, maybe a redundant add on that will display how hot your running may be the straw that really brings them down.

No argument they do heat up when stationary when having a firmware upgrade or when setting parameters…but, a large number of owners, including myself will run small fans in front of them as a safe sure. They are pretty resilient drones regarding the hot environments. Some of our forum members (desert folk) have pushed their drones in 110 F temps with no problems with over temp…that’s pushing it. One important thing is to keep your air vents free of decals, Velcro, and any other items that may interfere with air flow.

Personally, I feel it’s extreme cold 🥶 that you should be aware of. It can suck a battery dry pretty fast. IMO and observations…I don’t see any Mini 3 Pros falling from the sky🐓.
🇨🇦👍

Here you go sir Mini 3 Pro Aircraft Overheat And Forced Landing
:)

There was overheating when it was released and a firmware update addressed this, albeit i think it was aimed at when upgrading the fw while it was stationary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23