DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post production for mavic

nzfarmboy

Reactions
New to drones ( mine is still on order sigh). Anyway doing my research and reading to manual and it seems a lot of pilots prefer using D-log? And software for post production.

My question is what software would you recommend to a beginner and what do they cost to buy and use?

Mike

Premiere, but steep learning curve, I can do enough for what I want, but this software is so powerful that I am possibly only using 5% of the capability.
It will do 4K but you need a powerful PC. There are a few free LUTs about, some work well.
You might like Davinci resolve, this is a free version of the professional version, also very good, easier to learn and will do 4k.

Reactions: Flycaster
Premiere, but steep learning curve, I can do enough for what I want, but this software is so powerful that I am possibly only using 5% of the capability.
It will do 4K but you need a powerful PC. There are a few free LUTs about, some work well.
You might like Davinci resolve, this is a free version of the professional version, also very good, easier to learn and will do 4k.
will take a look at premier but I have looked at divinci but that's seems very expensive.

Final Cut Pro X for Mac, Adobe premier studio for windows both software aren’t free but excellent for video editing.
If you are a newbie just don’t crash your drone and be more concerned about safety than post production. If there’s a failed first production then there will be no post production [emoji23]

You might try Shotcut to get started (it's free).
It depends what you intend doing, I have Premiere but it's overkill if you are only doing mild colour grading, cut wobbly bits out, and add a tune.
Plenty of other less costly options like Cyberlink Powerdirector more than capable but can start to seem limiting if using a basic version.

As you start getting more into video the more serious software becomes attractive as you understand it more.
For example being able to create adjustment layers and fade the effect precisely, and 'keyframes' where you fade in a change e.g exposure - very useful especially with aerial footage which typically involves a lot of changing light as you move.
You can still get older versions of Premiere which don't need the monthly sub.

My question is what software would you recommend to a beginner and what do they cost to buy and use?
I keep a list of videos editors commonly recommended by members of this forum here.

I can really recommend DaVinci Resolve (free version) and Ground Controls Mavic Pro LUT (free to download). For color grading. Not as advanced as Premiere but more than enough I would say, I can recommend Sony Vegas Pro 13 for editing. Been using this workflow myself for awhile now, good stuff!

You might try Shotcut to get started (it's free).
It depends what you intend doing, I have Premiere but it's overkill if you are only doing mild colour grading, cut wobbly bits out, and add a tune.
Plenty of other less costly options like Cyberlink Powerdirector more than capable but can start to seem limiting if using a basic version.

As you start getting more into video the more serious software becomes attractive as you understand it more.
For example being able to create adjustment layers and fade the effect precisely, and 'keyframes' where you fade in a change e.g exposure - very useful especially with aerial footage which typically involves a lot of changing light as you move.
You can still get older versions of Premiere which don't need the monthly sub.
Thanks for that. I read and saw a number of articles talking about settings applying settings on the drone and then using post production to colour grade and bring your clips to life/full potential. Put it another way if I spent $2500 on a camera I wouldn't see it as just a toy and expect to learn as much about photography as I do about flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929