DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post your best Photo From Mavic

nice work! I would love to post some pictures like these, but alas, I do not possess the required part 107 that allows me to put my work on a monetized commercial website... :(
You can't post pictures on forums in your country without a license?

You can't post pictures on forums in your country without a license?
It seems so. Every time someone asks if they can GIVE a photo or video to someone for use on a website, the Part 107 holders chime in and say "you cant do that without a part 107" one after the other. They are pretty sure of themselves!
its one of the stranger things about US law.

Here is one from today!
Part 107 required?

Last edited:
Mavic Pro
1539723112_train_on_bridge_tonemappedsm.jpg

Love this.

It seems so. Every time someone asks if they can GIVE a photo or video to someone for use on a website, the Part 107 holders chime in and say "you cant do that without a part 107" one after the other. They are pretty sure of themselves!

Here is one from today!
Part 107 required?
Dumbest thing I've ever read in my LIFE. Lol. Get in trouble for posting pictures on a forum? Lmao wtf!?!?!

Here is one from today!
Part 107 required?
It highlights the differences in the law between the UK and the US.

In the US you have a written constitution and within the scope of that, laws are made by government - we call them statute laws - not sure what you call them. In the UK we do not have a written constitution and it used to be that laws were made by the judiciary using the system of precedent - something that had happened before and ended up as a judgement by the most senior judges. A lot of this has gone now as the world has become more technical and we have a lot of law made by government here and in Europe.

The reason I mention all this is because under our system we used to have an amazing character who became our Master of the Rolls (Most senior appeal court judge) fifty years ago or so. His name was Lord Denning and he used to say that a law was not a law unless it made sense to the 'Man on the Clapham omnibus'. Clapham being an area in London and omnibus a old fashioned bus. It sounds ridiculous that your Part 107 rules say you cannot post photos on an enthusiasts forum, so that part of them is rubbish and can be ignored !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne