DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post your best Photo From Mavic

GUDotX1.jpg

Reactions: mnis and xoomlenz
Here's one from north of Tucson at sunset. Can't beat our monsoon season for great skies. MPP. 9 image panorama
View attachment 42909

Nice shot!
How did you get a such colored and contrasted picin pano mode? is it stock from your mavic or did you work on it?
Looks like it's a HDR pano...

I ask you this, because I tried several times to make some panos at sun set, but pics are always clear white (burned) around the sun when I set a good exposition for the whole picture, or very very underexposed if I want a balanced sun area...

Reactions: Jamestm32
Nice shot!
How did you get a such colored and contrasted picin pano mode? is it stock from your mavic or did you work on it?
Looks like it's a HDR pano...

I ask you this, because I tried several times to make some panos at sun set, but pics are always clear white (burned) around the sun when I set a good exposition for the whole picture, or very very underexposed if I want a balanced sun area...

I take the panos in RAW. I assemble then in On1, a photo editor which may soon replace Lightroom for this sort of thing from my point of view. I take the highlights slider way down to reduce the sun, and boost the shadows so I can see the ground. I think the Mavic takes superb photos, but you need to shoot in RAW, and then edit. No built in camera software gives very good results, drone or non drone. Did not use HDR for these, but have tried HDR exposures, then combined the finished HDRs into a pano. That works well too.

Reactions: jason38
I take the panos in RAW. I assemble then in On1, a photo editor which may soon replace Lightroom for this sort of thing from my point of view. I take the highlights slider way down to reduce the sun, and boost the shadows so I can see the ground. I think the Mavic takes superb photos, but you need to shoot in RAW, and then edit. No built in camera software gives very good results, drone or non drone. Did not use HDR for these, but have tried HDR exposures, then combined the finished HDRs into a pano. That works well too.

Ok,I take RAW pictures ;)
I tried to do exactly what you did (reduce highlight and then boost shadows) with RawTherapee,but when I open the pic, the sun appears dark... and when I reduce or increase Highlights, I see the burned areas just become darker anyway...(??) So they are unusable... Maybe that's due to RawTherpee... I'll try On1.

Yes,the mavic coupled with CP filter make some very great shots!!

Thanks a lot for your infos! have some good flights ;)

Ok,I take RAW pictures ;)
I tried to do exactly what you did (reduce highlight and then boost shadows) with RawTherapee,but when I open the pic, the sun appears dark... and when I reduce or increase Highlights, I see the burned areas just become darker anyway...(??) So they are unusable... Maybe that's due to RawTherpee... I'll try On1.

Yes,the mavic coupled with CP filter make some very great shots!!

Thanks a lot for your infos! have some good flights ;)

I’m not familiar with the app you are using. On1 which is pretty inexpensive does HDR, panos and all the RAW adjustments you need.

Last edited:
This is in Astoria, OR. Fun place to fly and always seems like it's easy to find a spot without too many people for a good takeoff area.

DJI_0004.JPG DJI_0005.JPG DJI_0012.JPG DJI_0015.JPG DJI_0016.JPG

I have read your explanation about how you did this but just one question - how long approx did it take you in post ?
Edit - forgot to say - great shot, thanks for posting :)
About 10 minutes after I created the Panorama, which took less than 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Lightroom is great....!

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_20180708_210410.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20180708_210410.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members