DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Posting a much bigger boat this time, a 75' Motor Yacht

AlecGB

Reactions

The bigger boats are much less dynamic and can result in a less engaging video from time to time, when compared to the ~30' speed boats that can do donuts.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how we can make things more active without adding tacky transistions/vfx?

The bigger boats are much less dynamic and can result in a less engaging video from time to time, when compared to the ~30' speed boats that can do donuts.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how we can make things more active without adding tacky transistions/vfx?
No donuts needed.
That's a great video and ticks all the boxes for me.

Reactions: AlecGB and 4006448
Seriously impressive video!
Only thing I could think of is a view from directly above with the drone, and possible some interior shots panning vertically?
Which may not really work?
Oh and I’ll take one after I win Powerball 👌

Reactions: AlecGB
Nice video. Add some scantilly clad hot women for a little appeal?

Just like it step brothers, Boats and hoes

Fly drone straight at oncoming boat and then just go up and fly over, May create a nice scene. Just don’t crash into boat🙄. Also interest in what model drone you used to shoot the vid?

This is a perfect commercial video (IMHO). For more drama, I'd add video at night with the boat all lit up - in motion and stopped - and with a party underway. Show people how these yachts are used besides moving over the water. Parked in a small blue bay somewhere - fishing lines over the side, swimming off the back platform, cooking on the deck kitchen.

I didn't expect so many replies! Going to answer everyone below.

No donuts needed.
That's a great video and ticks all the boxes for me.
Thank you for the kind words!! I started as a very rough amateur so this means a lot.

Seriously impressive video!
Only thing I could think of is a view from directly above with the drone, and possible some interior shots panning vertically?
Which may not really work?
Oh and I’ll take one after I win Powerball 👌
Thank you! Great comments, we've actually gotten some similar feedback for vertical pans to show off the ceilings and floors. I haven't found a way to do so that's as dynamic as I usually like to be but it might be time to put them in anyways. Same thing goes for the top down shot of the boat. I want to find a way to do it that's more dynamic but haven't found the solution yet.

If you win the powerball don't forget about me! lol

Was this all taken with a drone and what drone did you use to capture the footage?
All of the exterior shots are drone, shot on the Mavic Air 2. Just realized my title indicates the Mavic 3 but this video was actually shot on the Air 2 (not Air 2s either). The interior footage is shot on a Lumix S5

AH! What dreams are made of. Love your powerboat videos.
Thank you!!! I have soooo many so I'll keep posting! ❤️

Nice video, is this a paid advertisement on your part?
We are commissioned to make these videos however this isn't the client video, this is the video I use for the portfolio/personal use.

Nice video. Add some scantilly clad hot women for a little appeal?

Just like it step brothers, Boats and hoes
That's how all the big shots do it! I actually did use my aunt & uncle for a boat video once lol

Fly drone straight at oncoming boat and then just go up and fly over, May create a nice scene. Just don’t crash into boat🙄. Also interest in what model drone you used to shoot the vid?
This is actually the most requested shot and I've started to work on integrating more of them. It's just dangerous 🥲. I'll put more emphasis on it though and see how it goes! Thank you for the feedback. This specific shoot was done on the Mavic Air 2, my title falsely claims the Mavic 3. I'll see if I can change the tag to say Air 2

This is a perfect commercial video (IMHO). For more drama, I'd add video at night with the boat all lit up - in motion and stopped - and with a party underway. Show people how these yachts are used besides moving over the water. Parked in a small blue bay somewhere - fishing lines over the side, swimming off the back platform, cooking on the deck kitchen.
Thank you!! Perfect is a lofty aspiration, that means a lot ❤️ I absolutely agree with the night shots. Unfortunately we always have a very limited window and usually don't have access to the boat after the sun goes down. Sometimes we don't even have control over the hour and lighting 🫤. We did have access once so I'll post that video next!

I like your comment about showing them doing more things than moving through the water. We don't usually have the time to shoot more "lifestyle"-esque shots but I need to add more diversity ti make the video more engaging. I'll brainstorm some ideas on the windows available to us during a shoot and how we can pull more from them. We always start on a dock and end on a dock, so that's probably the best place to start. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for all the questions everyone! Keep them coming I love being able to talk to fellow enthusiasts about these videos and receiving feedback ❤️. For whatever reason I don't get to very often so you all have my deepest appreciation.

Last edited:
Another awesome video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne