DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential Mavic Purchase

D95GAS

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone might be able to answer my questions prior to purchase, and I must say having read some of the shocking DJI support stories I am a little concerned.

Looking at purchasing the combo pack direct from DJI (think its the UK site), and also looking at purchasing the Care Refresh Pack, but before I do, I would like to know where in the UK is the DJI Repair Centre?

If I did make a claim for damage, or even under warranty, where is their repair centre, or is this farmed out to one of the suppliers?

Anyone have any experience in this area with DJI - Hoping their UK support is a little better than our American cousins seem to get from them.

Many thanks

Reactions: philh24
I'm in the UK,had to send mine in for a warranty repair,was bought in the UK but still had to go to the Netherlands,think that is DJI europe's repair center,took about a month but must add shipping both ways was at DJI expense.

Bought Care Refresh at time of purchase, (my first drone so thought was i'm going to bin it sooner or later) supposed to give priority service on repair, don't think it does, but after dropping over £1300 on the fly more thought was could be the best money i've spent if i crash.

Best advice i can give is just bite the bullet and buy it, lot of money yes but so much fun.

Cheers Chippy.

Just concerned about their customer service, when reading the forums they seem to have a terrible reputation, which shocks me given the amount of people purchasing DJI products, you would of thought they would listen to the masses and do something about it, but seem to have a dont care attitude....... but the products are awesome

Have to admit the coustomer service could be better the process seems to take ages. But despite this I was kept informed of progress by regular emails.

The end result was I received a new Mavic i.e. New serial no checked the serial on the decoder it was manufactured Feb this year my old one was Dec,had no problem with the new one really enjoying it now the weather is getting better.

Where about are you in W.Yorkshire........ Yorkshire lad myself, from Goole, now living up in Darlington. Trouble with the Mavic, you cannot even go into a shop anywhere and have a look at it.

I just got rid of my Blade 350 QX3 which was great, and fairly good customer support from Horizon UK. Trouble is I am on the road all the time and the Blade wasn't exactly portable for me, especially when the boot is full of spares. I get to some lovely places and the Mavic just seems ideal to whip out to grab some quick video.

Back on the hunt tomorrow to find out who has stock OR take the plunge and order direct from DJI.

I'm from Dewsbury,shame you are up in Darlington,if you were a little nearer to me would have brought it over for you to have a look. The portability of the Mavic was what drew me to it,bought the fly more package so can just pop it into the bag with two spare batteries and fly using my phone. But if I go out to fly locally prefer to use the iPad,my eyes ain't what the used to be.

Cheers Chippy, will be onto there now. Presume there is no issue buying from a 3rd party supplier then buy the DJI Refresh insurance from DJI direct?

No problem with refresh. When you register the drone you are asked if you want to purchase it direct from DJI,just bear in mind that if you don't buy it at point of registration you only have 48 hours in which to buy or you will have to take a video and send it to DJI to prove its still ok. Just buy when you register much easier.

Ah right, fully understand. I will purchase immediately. Just emailed Hobbymounts and they have 2 in. Might risk it and hang on till first thing as Heliguy is offering the Fly more but with 3 batteries, which is a bonus...... but of course no good if he doesn't have stock of the Mavic :)

Oh so many decisions on a Sunday evening!!!

fly more combo comes with 3 batteries 1 in the Mavic and 2 spare,plus other goodies, its what i bought,if you can afford the extra pennies its the best option in my opinion.

Have a great week.

They came back to me last week and confirmed its 3 batteries, so I placed the order there and then, along with the leg extenders..... how close to the ground made me a little nervous. Should be with me tomorrow, so tonight I shall be watching as many startup vidoes I can, as being a typical man, I dont read instructions :) although I may make an exception in this case.

Have a great one yourself, and thanks for your help and advice, and for getting me someone who has stock.

Graeme

Reactions: Chris W Davis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds